Traveler conventional 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a search and found a little bit of info on it, mostly speculation about who makes it and all and nothing recent. Anyway I have a Ford 2.3 that was apparently taking in alot of unfiltered air (found a large hole torn in the fresh air intake hose). I figured I will just assume it's overly contaminated and do a few short intervals to help get rid of any extra dirt/silicone. Maybe do a few 3k intervals with a cheaply priced conventional and save the cost of having UOAs done. I saw this oil at tractor supply for $9 a 5 qt jug of 10w30. That's the grade I've settled on anyway for this car.
So anyways to finally get to my point, just curious if anyone has some up to date info on it? The jugs have a born on date of Jan 2020 so it's definitely the latest blender and formula.

API?
Also what is the definition of latest formula? Date has nothing to do with formula. Sounds like it's a basic dino oil.

I bet it meets a SN spec and if it does I would use it for a 3k change without any worry. Just look on the back.

The Traveller 10w30 conventional I've bought was rated SN. Used it in mowers/other small engines without issue, but can't comment on any other specs unfortunately. It should work well for 3,000 intervals.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
API?
Also what is the definition of latest formula? Date has nothing to do with formula. Sounds like it's a basic dino oil.

Hmmm, not everything in life has to be complicated. Unless you think you always need to try and sound smart at the expense of others.
A jug dated less than a month from present would indicate to me that that product is probably what ever current formula is being blended by what ever current blender is blending it.

It's made by Warren Distribution, makers of Mag 1, (formerly in some cases) Super Tech, and plenty of other house brand oils, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, although a UOA after your recommended OCI is always not a bad test.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
It's made by Warren Distribution, makers of Mag 1, (formerly in some cases) Super Tech, and plenty of other house brand oils, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, although a UOA after your recommended OCI is always not a bad test.

Warren distribution is well regarded around here I've learned. so that's a plus.
I've used the supertech quite a bit. No noticable problems. Currently have it in the vehicle I was speaking about. Thanks

Originally Posted by tundraotto
There are multiple VOAs here on Traveler branded oils and they have all looked fine.

Ok cool, I'll check those out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back