Two separate lift support purchase problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Ordered a pair of Sachs Stabilus lift supports SG304015 from Walmart and supplied by Advance Auto from this webpage: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Back-Glass-Lift-Support-Sachs-SG304015/141024768 What arrived were a pair of Strong Arm supports. Would you keep them? I've heard the Strong Arm brand is lower quality compared to Sachs. These are for a Taurus wagon rear glass.

2) Ordered a single Sachs Stabilus lift support (only 1 left and for half price) SG204011 from Rock Auto for the Taurus rear hatch. The package looked fine but the support had none of the Stabilus logos or markings. Does it look genuine? I can't find a Sachs website I could contact to send them the picture.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Sachs web site is readily searchable on Google.
Look it up and contact them that way.
These seem like questions an OEM would put to rest quite easily.

Are these keeper cars or flips? If flips, and you are comfortable w/ what you paid, I'd keep the if they work.

That said, if you bought and paid a premium for Sachs, I'd certainly expect exactly that.

I just replaced the frunk lid struts on the 911 and they were both marked Stabilus, made in Germany.

The Strong Arms I bought were junk. Bought them from Autozone years ago, back before they got rid of the lifetime warranty. Luckily I have a receipt scan that proves they had that warranty when purchased. I have had to replace them about every 3 years since then, so their quality hasn't gotten much better or worse over time. I only keep getting them replaced with same because they're free, I drive by Autozone regularly, and they only take a minute to swap out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Are these keeper cars or flips? If flips, and you are comfortable w/ what you paid, I'd keep the if they work.

That said, if you bought and paid a premium for Sachs, I'd certainly expect exactly that.

I just replaced the frunk lid struts on the 911 and they were both marked Stabilus, made in Germany.

They are flips but still want the better quality part I paid for since I always mention what brand I used on each part I replaced.

I've had a pair of Stablius lift supports leak down on me. O'Reilly replaced them. The OEM pieces, also Stablius were different than the aftermarket ones. I have a feeling some parts are outsourced - Stablius tends to support those cars that came OEM with them.

ZF Sachs doesn't own Stabilus, they market them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back