Any Fiero owners here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hunter2929
I have an 86 GT with 14,000 original miles, this flat tappit engine

What do you mean flat tappet? It uses hydraulic lifters I recall.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I have an 86 GT with 14,000 original miles, this flat tappit engine

What do you mean flat tappet? It uses hydraulic lifters I recall.

Anything that isn't doesn't have a roller cam follower is "flat tappet." Do a quick search using "what is a flat tappet" and you'll get more info than you ever wanted.

My sister bought a new one in 1984 and put 70,000 miles on the original tires.
banana2.gif

'86 2.8 would still be flat tappets. The later (TBI EFI) ones were better, we had S-10s that got well over 300K on them (I had a '92 S-10 2.8 5 speed for a while).

By 88 these were good cars (as long as you were not the one that had to replace the clutch)... I almost bought a 88GT, told my dealership owner I'd take it if he got right and then the salesman told to help me tried to make a months pay off me (like I couldn't just go up to the business office and pull the invoice).

Bought a bright (Barbados) yellow CRX Si and parked it right next to the owners parking spot... he was so mad...

Anyway, yeah run pretty much whatever you want in it, agree M1 0/40 FS would be good...

Originally Posted by Dave Sherman

I always thought the Fieros were cool, even if they weren't very high performance. Got to ride in one once with two other people
crazy2.gif

Their were either 2 other midgets or that was a tight ride!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I have an 86 GT with 14,000 original miles, this flat tappit engine has me a bit confused on what oil I should use.

Can anyone help ?

thanks

Naw...previous owners are toasted.
27.gif

Only the 4cyl model and only 1984. He has the GT which is the 2.8 V6

I miss the one I had back in the day - a 1985 SE with the 2.8V6 they called it 2M6....It was rare compared to the base 2M4 and GT models but had the V6. Drove the balls off it and it never failed me. Sometimes ponder getting another one or a later 1988 Formula where the finally got the whole car right before cancelling the model.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
I miss the one I had back in the day - a 1985 SE with the 2.8V6 they called it 2M6....It was rare compared to the base 2M4 and GT models but had the V6. Drove the balls off it and it never failed me. Sometimes ponder getting another one or a later 1988 Formula where the finally got the whole car right before cancelling the model.

I would totally sport one...

[Linked Image]

sweet, one like that just listed on ebay for 25k

Wow, really? But I guess they're a classic now so not all that surprising I suppose. This one looks sweet, eh?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
sweet, one like that just listed on ebay for 25k

Wow, really? But I guess they're a classic now so not all that surprising I suppose. This one looks sweet, eh?

yep, they are collectors cars now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back