Bought a unicorn today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 C300. First person that guesses why it's a unicorn, really knows Mercedes.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

no sunroof? i bought a cpo 2006 c280 with an unmutilated, unsullied roof in 2008. it was a stripped, special order, ex dealer loaner so i was told. no extra junk, base everything, clean, great driver.

What's the vin? That's the only real way I can tell what options a car has. The C class doesn't really have that many options. Real unicorn are loaded ones not color based. I don't think you have the bixenons, can't tell if you have the pano or the multimedia package or real leather. Pretty limited on a C class, no keyless go, no power trunk closer, distronics, active curve illumination etc...

Well
Originally Posted by 14Accent
Let's see the shifter... you sly dog you...

Well, that was quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm truly jealous. Not a huge Benz fan, but I love me a good manual gearbox. That, and the color combo is amazing to boot.

Where's the details/pics?

Nice! Always thought the C300 Sport was a great car with the 6MT. Excellent daily driver -- plenty of comfort while keeping some fun accessible. Congrats!

Nice! I found an M240i RWD with a manual and no hole in the roof, but it sold fast.

Originally Posted by CT8
Unicorn? Not many buyers like manual transmissions these day.

There's a market all right. We just can't find 'em.

Mazda stopped making Mazda6 manuals. Apparently no-one bought them. But then you couldn't buy one because the dealers didn't bring them in.

My cars both have manual transmissions, a sort of built in theft protection. Took a bit of effort but I eventually found them. When they go, what can I replace them with?

Rear gear is 3.07. That is likely one "tall" gear driving kind of car. To be sure I like tall first gears (rather than granny gears in first) - but really tall drive-action in the upper gears... Ida know.... Let us know your impressions. I too have a quite rare '17 Mazda6 6 speed manual. Granny gear 1st... sometimes I start in 2nd (i.e. ona downgradient).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ecotourist
Originally Posted by CT8
Unicorn? Not many buyers like manual transmissions these day.

There's a market all right. We just can't find 'em.

Mazda stopped making Mazda6 manuals. Apparently no-one bought them. But then you couldn't buy one because the dealers didn't bring them in.

My cars both have manual transmissions, a sort of built in theft protection. Took a bit of effort but I eventually found them. When they go, what can I replace them with?

I'm in the same boat. When my 2016 Mazda6 goes belly up I'm not sure where I'll go. Maybe Toyota will still be making manual Corollas then?

My 2019 Ford Fiesta manual 5-speed only has 3500 miles but it's strictly a short range commuter and grocery getter for me. Anything more than an hour's drive away and I pick the Mazda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back