Milwaukee tools

Am I the only one on here who is constantly browsing the selection of various cordless tools by milwaukee?

I'm slowly looking to upgrade and update some of my tools and add some various power tools to the mix. Specifically the cordless brushless power sockets & the high torque impacts. It seems like milwaukee makes some of the best offerings out there and widest power tool selections maybe other than Ryobi.

Time to win the lottery

I have both 18V Power Plus & M12/M18 cordless Milwaukee tools, I even have a heated M12 hoodie to wear under my Carhartt jacket in case it ever gets REALLY cold here (not likely).

I have many Milwaukee M18 Fuel power tools along with a few outdoor power tools. They are all top notch.

But I cannot get 100% of what I want with Milwaukee.

I wanted a 10" cordless chain saw and got a Ryobi as Milwaukee only had an expensive 16" cordless chain saw. I have two 20" gas chain saws so I did not want a 16".

Got this 3/8 " M12 for Christmas. It's the older version, cheaper and smaller ( which I wanted) than the Fuel.There's something for everyone!
laugh.gif

75AD02D5-D45B-48D8-B359-8915B8E160D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ad244
Am I the only one on here who is constantly browsing the selection of various cordless tools by milwaukee?

I'm slowly looking to upgrade and update some of my tools and add some various power tools to the mix. Specifically the cordless brushless power sockets & the high torque impacts. It seems like milwaukee makes some of the best offerings out there and widest power tool selections maybe other than Ryobi.

Time to win the lottery

I've been running Bosch for a while but I'm seriously considering making the switch over to Milwaukee. Their drills are very nice, and they make a battery powered fish tape which seems like it'd be the greatest tool I ever bought.

I might just get the fish tape, though, my Bosch drills still run just fine. No need to replace good tools.

M12 is awesome, my gen 2 fuel impact got left in the rain with a battery in it a few weeks ago and is toast.

That impact was as strong as a 18/20v even with 2AH batteries, I used it to drive spade bits numerous times. It fits in the palm of my hand without a bit in it.

I'm definitely replacing it but I'm not sure if I should get the hydraulic impact or wait for the gen 3 conventional. I've been using a cheap 2016 dewalt 20v impact and it's too big and seems to heat up quickly and shoot sparks from the motor with a 3AH battery.

I have some older Dewalt, but added a number of various Milwaukee M12/M18 products over recent years. They aren't cheap, but I've had very good performance with no failures and if so, I have a service center close by.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster

Time to win the lottery

I've been running Bosch for a while but I'm seriously considering making the switch over to Milwaukee. Their drills are very nice, and they make a battery powered fish tape which seems like it'd be the greatest tool I ever bought.

I might just get the fish tape, though, my Bosch drills still run just fine. No need to replace good tools.

Never heard of a battery powered fish tape . More info , please .

I have a few M12 tools .

Originally Posted by Astro14
Snagglefoot - I've got that same ratchet. It's awesome. I liked it so much, I bought the 1/4" drive one, too!

I have that one too. I probably use it more with the 1/4" drive adapter on it. One of my favorite tools!

I also have the M12 impact driver but I prefer my Dewalt 20v. I don't think it weighs any more, and it just feels better balanced and can stand up on it's own battery.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by littlehulkster

Time to win the lottery

Never heard of a battery powered fish tape . More info , please .

I have a few M12 tools .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiwEkwHR5Ac

Right there. If it works even half as well as Milwaukee says it does it'd be a huge relief for my least favorite thing.

Yep! - I dont think I've heard much in the form of negative comments about any of the major brands (though they are all kinda the same).

Originally Posted by Donald
I have many Milwaukee M18 Fuel power tools along with a few outdoor power tools. They are all top notch.

But I cannot get 100% of what I want with Milwaukee.

I wanted a 10" cordless chain saw and got a Ryobi as Milwaukee only had an expensive 16" cordless chain saw. I have two 20" gas chain saws so I did not want a 16".

I also have the Ryobi chain saw, great for camping or little jobs without getting out the gas saw During the holidays it was on sale for 49 bucks, couldent pass it up.

Just bought the M12 ratchet, brushless. Cant wait to try it out!

I got another Milwakee tool for Christmas. ( That makes two years in a row). It’s a 3/8 drive impact wrench allegedly with 250 ft-lbs of breakout torque. I want to show how small it is, especially next to my 400 ft-lb corded Nut Buster. Enjoy.
E03C75EE-1088-49A1-AB09-568668EA7171.jpeg
9148CCC2-3E16-42D6-9828-EB2680224E78.jpeg

Back