New cell phone=better pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Well my S3 died.
frown.gif
So I got a new phone, an S10. I can't believe how well this phone takes photos, better than any camera I have personally owned.
Really happy with camera in this phone.
So finally had some sun in Washington and got some of the cars cleaned up.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh wow I can't believe you were still rocking an S3. That was my first smart phone. It was a nice phone though, for it's time.

Last edited:
You made it sound like you got a new phone and just took these photos--that can't be, as my garaged cars look more like the dirt in your backyard at this time of year.

Nice pics, and nice shiny cars!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by hatt
Oh wow I can't believe you were still rocking an S3. That was my first smart phone. It was a nice phone though.

Man I loved that thing. It never let me down...but the S10 is pretty awesome!!!

Originally Posted by supton
You made it sound like you got a new phone and just took these photos--that can't be, as my garaged cars look more like the dirt in your backyard at this time of year.

Nice pics, and nice shiny cars!
thumbsup2.gif

We just got done with something like 38 days straight of rain and no sun...I was starting to lose my mind and I have done a few submarine patrols where I haven't seen the sun in over 50 days.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Oh wow I can't believe you were still rocking an S3. That was my first smart phone. It was a nice phone though.

I would have sent you my old one if I would have known. I'm pretty sure it still works.

An S3 to an S10 is quite literally a 6-7 year jump in technology. I'm surprised that you're surprised that the camera is (so much) better.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
An S3 to an S10 is quite literally a 6-7 year jump in technology. I'm surprised that you're surprised that the camera is (so much) better.

Not so much surprised that the camera is better. I expected that. Just that it is actually a camera, like I don't need a separate one now.

Not so much surprised that the camera is better. I expected that. Just that it is actually a camera, like I don't need a separate one now.

While I also have the S10, I also picked up a Nikon D7500 recently with the 10-140mm VR lense. There's still a need for regular cameras, you don't have zoom or wide angle on a phone camera. Plus for indoor shots, you really need a flash that has some range. The LED flash on the phone camera is typically only good for 10-12 feet. I normally use an external flash to get enough light to fill the entire room.

My S3 Lite died two weeks ago, replaced with a LG G5 we had laying around. It is a lot bigger, but nice and fast with a sharp screen. I miss the size of the old one, however.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

While I also have the S10, I also picked up a Nikon D7500 recently with the 10-140mm VR lense. There's still a need for regular cameras, you don't have zoom or wide angle on a phone camera. Plus for indoor shots, you really need a flash that has some range. The LED flash on the phone camera is typically only good for 10-12 feet. I normally use an external flash to get enough light to fill the entire room.

For what it's worth the S10 has a 2x zoom camera along with a ultra wide angle camera. In addition to the regular camera.

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
My S3 Lite died two weeks ago, replaced with a LG G5 we had laying around. It is a lot bigger, but nice and fast with a sharp screen. I miss the size of the old one, however.

I do think it is the size I miss.

My boss just bought the same phone. I was talking to him about shopping at Wal-Mart and his phone started talking about Wal-Mart. It was creepy. Those are some nice pictures.

Most camera folks, i.e. the type that own nice DSLR units, will continue using them for "real" photography. 9 out of 10 people that take pictures with their mobile phones will never save them, print them, etc. Most will "lose" the photos over time, from what I see.

Most camera folks, i.e. the type that own nice DSLR units, will continue using them for "real" photography. 9 out of 10 people that take pictures with their mobile phones will never save them, print them, etc. Most will "lose" the photos over time, from what I see.

I just had some photos remove from my wife's S7. I had them put on canvas so I could hang them up in the house.
One is of the Grand Tetons, the other is Mt. Adams from 8500 feet on Mt. Rainier
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There will always be a need for an actual camera. I just won't need one now.

Originally Posted by diyjake
Nice! Sure looks like a beautiful day in Washington! Where in WA do you live?

I live in the Poulsbo area. A ferry ride from Seattle.
smile.gif

I've stopped using my DSLR and switched to the convenience of cell phone camera a couple of years ago. The benefit of convenience finally crossed over the benefit of picture quality difference.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I've stopped using my DSLR and switched to the convenience of cell phone camera a couple of years ago. The benefit of convenience finally crossed over the benefit of picture quality difference.

It is a no brainer for me. We had a DSLR, but stopped using it, now that I have this thing the pictures are good enough that it is not worth it for me to bring the camera. I will leave that to professionals.

I would have sent you my old one if I would have known. I'm pretty sure it still works.

I am spoiled now...The S10 compared to the S3 is the like the Model T compare to a C8 Corvette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back