New Ruger revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Congrats.
Only the weight and thickness is a no-go for me. It's two reasons why I don't own any wheeler/revolvers.

I carry a wheelgun in my pocket every day. They come in all sorts of sizes.

Revolver and thin do not usually go in the same sentence. Please offer us a thin, light (under 1.10" thin) revolver name in 38 Special....or higher caliber?
I'd love to own one. But not if it bulges in my pocket or leans to pocket bottom because of weight.... and I never wear cargo pants for extra conceal.

Both of my pocket carries are real thin and real light, in normal jeans/dress pants-type carries.

Last edited:
Congrats.
Only the weight and thickness is a no-go for me. It's two reasons why I don't own any wheel guns.

I carry a wheelgun in my pocket every day. They come in all sorts of sizes.

Revolver and thin do not usually go in the same sentence. Please tell us this thin (under 1.10" thin) revolver name in 38 Special....or higher caliber?
I'd love to own one. But not if it bulges in my pocket.... and I never wear cargo pants.

Both of my pocket carries are under one inch wide.

Not all widths are created equal. Revolvers are wide at one point, and it's in the middle. The rest of the gun is narrower and tends to be more rounded. Autos are their width through the entire gun and very square which prints more easily. A revolver with similar size outline will carry more discreetly than an auto. The only way you're getting more discreet pocket carry than a j-frame is by going to the very tiny autos in sub 9mm calibers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Toros
Moon clips are silly.

Go ahead and explain?

Speed loader vs moon clips. Case closed
. 38/.357=no moon clips needed. Case closed.

You didn't explain anything. Moon clips work just fine. This is also a competition gun where moon clips dominate.

You post a YouTube video of a naturally gifted shooter in a competition using silly moon clips. Go back and find some of every day folks or even law enforcement officers in real life situations and you might scrounge up some validity to your argument.

Last edited:
Do you own any guns?

Several. Also a former NJ State cop so I trained a little bit with revolvers.
How about you?

Do you own any guns?

How about you?

Were your wheelguns cut for moon clips? What experience do you have with moon clips? What do you know that all the competition shooters don't?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
I like my S&W Model 10.

While sounding rather silly but ere goes I have never met any one who doesn't like their Mod 10 S@W.

Originally Posted by CT8
I like my S&W Model 10.

While sounding rather silly but ere goes I have never met any one who doesn't like their Mod 10 S@W.

They're normally on the search for more old S&W revolvers.

Originally Posted by CT8
I like my S&W Model 10.

They're normally on the search for more old S&W revolvers.

I also like my Model 18. I'm old and old appeals to me. Thanks

Do you own any guns?

How about you?

Were your wheelguns cut for moon clips? What experience do you have with moon clips? What do you know that all the competition shooters don't?

My revolvers are. 38/.357 and one. 22. Speed loaders only for all of them.
State issued duty gun was Model 66 off duty gun was a Colt Detectives Special. Speed loaders for both.
Don't care what competition shooters do or think.

Do you own any guns?

How about you?

My revolvers are. 38/.357 and one. 22. Speed loaders only for all of them.
State issued duty gun was Model 66 off duty gun was a Colt Detectives Special. Speed loaders for both.
Don't care what competition shooters do or think.

Then why are you commenting in a thread about...a competition gun?

I have owned and used guns that required moon clips...or at least needed them to make unloading tolerable(45 ACP). I don't particularly like loading ammunition into moonclips or taking the empties out, but nothing makes for faster loads. They're also a lot smaller and lighter than speed loaders.

The subject gun should be a fast shooting and accurate competition gun, where many/most shooters will be using moon clips anyway regardless of the caliber used. There's not a faster way to load a revolver than dropping in a loaded moon clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back