Virgin Napa Platinum 41334 C&P with element weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I had a couple of these for trans filter spin-ons (my Subies all have case-mounted trans filters) and I wanted to see what it looked like. Pleats were a little bit skewed but not bad, I'm sure it will work fine. In use on a 4EAT, this is likely a lifetime filter
lol.gif
I like the Wix ADBV sealing on this, even with the combo valve. It was my first time messing around with one, and other than the bypass valve being nitrile, it feels plenty capable. Enjoy!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've cut open a few of those platinum filters too. Haven't found a perfect one yet. Nothing that made it look unusable but always had funny pleat spacing or pleat twisting. Also the media is smaller than the end cap diameter on them. Who knows if it matters but for the price it should be better.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
Also the media is smaller than the end cap diameter on them. Who knows if it matters but for the price it should be better.

Doesn't matter, gotta have some room for the pleat adhesive.

I agree construction could take a lesson from some of the MIC filters, but one thing to note is this does have the heaviest element, and it doesn't appear to be solely from the endcaps. They appear about the same thickness as the XG, so it would come down to the media and mesh backing. I won't even get into the efficiency part, because ZeeOSix has educated us that these are not a "fine filtration" element at lower micron sizes, but it will likely work just fine, and for extended distances as well.

As I've stated before, I run these Platinums as trans filters on my Subies and ones I service, and in all reality they would only need to come off if the can rusts or is damaged, in those applications.

I might try one as well on my EcoBoost next service. I'm trying to decide on filter for this vehicle.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I agree construction could take a lesson from some of the MIC filters, but one thing to note is this does have the heaviest element, and it doesn't appear to be solely from the endcaps. They appear about the same thickness as the XG, so it would come down to the media and mesh backing. I won't even get into the efficiency part, because ZeeOSix has educated us that these are not a "fine filtration" element at lower micron sizes, but it will likely work just fine, and for extended distances as well.

As I've stated before, I run these Platinums as trans filters on my Subies and ones I service, and in all reality they would only need to come off if the can rusts or is damaged, in those applications.

Chris: you ran this filter although I believe it was a 51515 on your old Fusion that I chopped. This filter looks serviceable
smile.gif

Another great c&p so Thank You
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back