Castrol Actevo 10W-40 4T motorcycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Looks solid -especially the [email protected]

With the moly there it just shows that you can have small amount of moly in wet clutch applications without worry. (ie. rotella, delvac etc)

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Looks solid -especially the [email protected]

With the moly there it just shows that you can have small amount of moly in wet clutch applications without worry. (ie. rotella, delvac etc)

Exactly.

My 2016 Goldwing owner's manual specifically warns against using oil with moly but I've noticed no negative effect in shifting between this and the factory fill (I'm assuming was Honda GN4). The foot shifter has actually become smoother when engaging a gear shift.

First UOA for the bike will be the bike's second oil change in spring/summer, will see what comes back. Some shiny metals in the first change, hopefully it's all gone now!
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ad244
Does TBN resist sheering at all?

No, it neutralises the acid buildup and so stop corrosion

OP,

Thanks for the VOA, I've always wanted an analysis of this oil.

Moly 50ppm, Boron 60ppm and Zinc 1000 ppm with a solid TBN above 9

Good to know

Just to add, for others, it's a semi-synthetic motorcycle oil that is API SL and JASO MA-2

Last edited:
No problem!

And yes, sorry forgot to add that; semi-synth, API SL and JASO MA-2!!

Thank you for this. I bought the clearance Castrol Power1 4T on clearance at AZ for $4 a quart i think. There is very little info on the Castrol 4T oils.

Just to add, even though this oil is API SL rated, the detergent package ( Ca ~ 1360ppm + Mg 900 ppm = 2260 total) looks like a modern API SN-Plus package tuned for LSPI control.

Thanks for posting the VOA.

I ran this ActEvo 10W-40 last year in my ST1300. Seemed to run just fine for 5000 miles. Put fresh ActEvo in for this year.

I'm going to try the ActEvo 10W-30 in my NC700X this year too.

Originally Posted by Ride_Red
Thanks for posting the VOA.

I ran this ActEvo 10W-40 last year in my ST1300. Seemed to run just fine for 5000 miles. Put fresh ActEvo in for this year.

I'm going to try the ActEvo 10W-30 in my NC700X this year too.

Nice!

Yeah I used the 10W-30 in my F6B last year (post-factory-drain) and this year I realized I accidentally bought 10W-40 so I'll throw it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back