2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Dealer 0w20 M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks! This is my first UOA on our 2015 Forester. The vehicle has 72,000 kilometres (44738 miles), and the oil was drained at roughly 8 months and 7400 kms. (4598)

A mix of highway and stop and go/ short trip driving. The fuel was expected, probably contributing to the lower flash point. But otherwise a good reading as far as I can tell. I'n an attempt to green up our cars, we're aiming for 1 year or 10-12k kms. Roughly (6-7k miles)

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Subaru 2.5L (FB25) DOHC
Mobil 1 0W/20 7,450 KM @ 8 month OCI
0 qts makeup
OIL TYPE & GRADE: Gasoline (Unleaded)

RYAN: Your Outback's engine is standing up to the stop-and-go use and cold winters, no problem. You can see typical 2.5L Subaru engine wear after ~10,000 km of oil use in the right column. Your metals are at about the same levels, and average wear is nice to see from pretty much any engine, so no problems are suspected for wearing parts. There's a little fuel, but 1.0% is most likely from normal use, like idling in the colder weather, for example. The TBN shows active additive remaining in the oil with a solid reading of 4.5 (1.0 is too low). Try 10,000 km next time.
MI/HR on Oil
7,450 MI/HR on Unit 71,900 1/20/2020

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 109
Hey OP, you'll probably want to remove your personal information from the attachment.
A moderator can help if you can no longer edit the document.

Also, the UOA looks fine. Keep on motoring!!!

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
I would go between 6000 miles and 7500 miles OCI on my two (now one) Subaru vehicles.

I was using NAPA brand synthetic oil (on sale) 0W20. I do not think the engines are too demanding.

Your UOA looks fine. But it should using Mobil1 and under 5000 miles.

Thanks guys! I wondered about that personal info. I'll ask on of the moderators to help me out.

I'm happy with it. Viscosity looked good, as did the wear metals. I went with a relatively standard Mobil 1 for the current change in the 0w20AFE. I'm thinking its similar to what was in this sample.

I've Been running 9+k mile (15k kms) OCI with LOWER wear than average.

changing a synthetic at 5-6k is way, way too short.

If dealer balks, show them the UOA.

Is this M1 afe in bulk form? Did you add a molybendum additive? Afaik,all M1 oils have around 70-80 ppm of molybdenum. Good looking uoa!

I have the same car. I did uoa just before it came out of warranty at 5 months and about 4300 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary from black stone. They recommended going to 6000 And test again. I'm shooting for 8000 miles. But before that the CVT had a catastrophic failure, replaced under new 10yr/100000 mile warranty.
Presently in the car 4 qts M1 0w20 and 1 qt Ow40, that's what was left in the stash. Car runs very smooth, and quiet

Originally Posted by IMPALA08
I have the same car. I did uoa just before it came out of warranty at 5 months and about 4300 miles. Nothing out of the ordinary from black stone. They recommended going to 6000 And test again. I'm shooting for 8000 miles. But before that the CVT had a catastrophic failure, replaced under new 10yr/100000 mile warranty.
Presently in the car 4 qts M1 0w20 and 1 qt Ow40, that's what was left in the stash. Car runs very smooth, and quiet

Members here say Blackstone's reading of fuel dilution is far-from-ordinary. You may have high fuel dilution and Blackstone may not have flagged it.
Can you post your UOA here?

Last edited:
The 2015 appears to be the last problem year for the Subaru CVT, good thing Subaru stepped up and offered the extended warranty. Had you ever changed CVT fluid on yours that failed? I am glad Subaru fixed the issue on the newer models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back