Mobil-1 ESP or Rotella MV T6 5w30 in gas-only vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
tig1

I agree 100% about long term use for sure. As the old saying goes...proof is in the pudding.

Tests are tests and numbers are numbers...about what it amounts to is a good starting and reference point. I use UOA numbers to determine trends and outliers...not as absolutes.

I fully expect at the end of the day this Subaru will reach 200k+ as long as oil is changed regularly using a reasonable grade. This will happen regardless of whether UOA's get done or not.

I enjoy the science of oil. More of a hobby than anything.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Thanks for replying jbutch...

PP
QSUD
Rotella T6 MV
Mobil-1 ESP
Pennzoil Euro LX (current)

Has your Subie ever had the same oil two OCIs in a row? Just curious! Why the constant swapping-out? Just because it's fun to keep trying different oils?
If that's the reason, I get it. Many here do the same.

Well, I was trying to find an oil that wouldn't shear to a 20 grade haha.

It took a non-gf5 for that to happen, than had a huge sale on Mobil ESP, so I bought 12 liters and than I tried the 0w-30 for the cold canadian winter.

I guess it's fun as well
smile.gif

Last edited:
We almost bought the Forester, instead of the Kia Soul X-Line BTW. Wifey chose not to spend the extra 3.5 grand. It was her inheritance money to spend and I stood out-of-the-way of the decision. It's her's to drive every day. So keeping my choice private helps keeps us together for the past 45 years.
The similar to your ESP - Rotella T6 MV oil will be my spring-time purchase..... for the Hyundai 2.4 GDI. The ESP could follow next fall.

Heck, I may go your route and keep picking different oils too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
We almost bought the Forester, instead of the Kia Soul X-Line BTW. Wifey chose not to spend the extra 3.5 grand. It was her inheritance money to spend and I stood out-of-the-way of the decision. It's her's to drive every day. So keeping my choice private helps keeps us together for the past 45 years.
The similar to your ESP - Rotella T6 MV oil will be my spring-time purchase..... for the Hyundai 2.4 GDI. The ESP could follow next fall.

Heck, I may go your route and keep picking different oils too.

The Rotella MV has been confirmed to be SN+ certified via email from Shell BTW.

When using thia oil, it also has been by far the quiestest my engine has been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back