6T70E fluid drain and fill 2015 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Used in a bunch of GM stuff from 2007 until 2015. (Equinox, Malibu, SRX, Impala, Vue, Terrain, and some other stuff I am forgetting.)
Plus I think in some Ford stuff as a 6F60/6F55 it was a joint venture. The plug and fill are the same spot on Ford.
This transmission was used in A LOT of stuff.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A complete fluid swap is about 9.5 quarts. A drain and fill is 5 to 5.5 quarts.
There is no serviceable filter. You have to split the transmission case to get to it.

I needed a funnel, 11mm socket and drain pain. Easiest drain and fill I have ever done.
I think it took me 30 minutes. Fluid was dirty but not horrible. I will do another drain and fill next oil change.

To properly measure the ATF level did you need a scanner and have to reach ____ F degrees ?

Or simply drain and measure old fluid , add the same amount and Check dipstick ?

I hate some vehicles no longer have a dipstick to check ATF.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
To properly measure the ATF level did you need a scanner and have to reach ____ F degrees ?

Or simply drain and measure old fluid and add the same amount and Check dipstick ?

It has a dipstick. Got it up to temp and made sure it was in the same spot as before I refilled it, Plus anal me measures how much I took out and how much I put in.

GM's own procedure is to get it up to temp run it through the gears and then check it. Really easy.

I need to do the Caprice. That is a no dipstick, use the weep hole procedure...blah.

Nice! Was this the first drain/fill? Good to know it's so easy to do on those year ranges.

Originally Posted by JTK
Nice! Was this the first drain/fill? Good to know it's so easy to do on those year ranges.

First one, didn't look too bad. I was actually surprised.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Nice, its easier than a regular oil change since no filter has to be touched. How much does it cost at the dealer for such an easy service?

I don't know, they usually do a flush which is 179.00.

Will do another drain and fill at the next oil change.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Thanks for posting Mike.
What fluid did you use?

GM Dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back