Bacon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Malo83
Originally Posted by Bud
I buy the thick cut Kirkland brand at Costco.

x2 thick cut low sodium.

Few years back I'd show up at 4 am just as they opened up a tiny breakfast spot in Korea.
You could smell the bacon for two blocks - just could not get over how close to home it tasted until one day the delivery truck pulled up and dropped off all the Costco bacon and other items.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Whats in your bacon....Including results for list of vaccines for swine.
Do you want results only for list of vacines for swine?
Swine - Pig Disease Detection - Order VetMAX Detection Kits
https://www.thermofisher.com/Swine_Solutions

AdPig Disease Detection Tests For Swine Flu, PRRS Virus and More. Order Online
thermofisher.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
Swine Vaccines
Clostridium Perfringens C & D Antitoxin Calves, Cattle, Lambs, Goat & Pig Vaccine.
Circumvent PCV-M G2 Swine Vaccine.
Rhini Shield TX4 Swine Vaccine.
Farrowsure Gold B Swine Vaccine.
FluSure XP/RespiSure One/ER Bac Plus Swine Vaccine.
... (more items) One reason I do not eat meats or dairy anymore....

Do you get invited to parties much?
smirk2.gif

This cracked me up ...‚

Originally Posted by atikovi
Maybe once a month I indulge in a Roy Rogers bacon cheeseburger. I'm no health nut but reading about the effects of the nitrates turned me off.

You can buy nitrate / nitrite preservative free bacon it tastes fine . That is what I buy.

American Bacon is typically served in long thin strips with lots of fat and very little meat.
Euro Bacon has more meat and less fat, and is served in the shape of the part of the animal it was cut from.

We were eating Bacon in England before the boat sailed from Plymouth, and the Pilgrimms took the knowledge of actual bacon with them - then the USDA got involved and defined bacon in america to be 'belly' meat.

In butchers terminology, 'Bacon' is the name given to shoulder meat and 'belly' is the name given to belly meat. For some strange reason you tax-dodgers call belly meat 'Bacon'. Do you call sliced shoulder 'Belly'?

Consistency across language is important.

Originally Posted by qdeezie
What cooking method do you all use for bacon? Oven, stovetop, griddle, what?

I don't eat much bacon, I'm more of a sausage (Jimmy Dean) guy but when I do have bacon I do it in the oven, less shrinkage and mess to clean up.

Originally Posted by tig1
I haven't eaten bacon since about 1977. Actually I stopped eating all pork at that time.

So why not tell us why you quit eating pork.

No Jimmy Dean here due to MSG in it. Our store carries two brands without it that are good, too.

I am also curious as to why previous poster has quit pork. IIRC it is raised without hormones and is actually a pretty good meat.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Originally Posted by tig1
I haven't eaten bacon since about 1977. Actually I stopped eating all pork at that time.

So why not tell us why you quit eating pork.

Religious reasons. PM me for the details.

My local grocer has sales on Sugardale Farms thick cut low sodium been cooking it in the oven at 225 F degrees,,
When up in the frozen tundra it's Neueski's in whittenburg wi, just west of Green Bay,,,,,,,,to die for old school butcher shop thick cut,smoked and cured on site...‹...‹...‹

I guess no discussion on bacon is complete without mentioning Canadian Bacon.
I never had it until finding it on a menu in a restaurant in Houston. Technically it looks and tastes like fried ham to me. Still excellent.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Oscar Mayer Select Natural bacon. No nitrates or other chemicals and very good. It also has been on sale with buy one get one offers the last month or so at supermarkets near me.

Originally Posted by Nitronoise
My local grocer has sales on Sugardale Farms thick cut low sodium been cooking it in the oven at 225 F degrees,,
When up in the frozen tundra it's Neueski's in whittenburg wi, just west of Green Bay,,,,,,,,to die for old school butcher shop thick cut,smoked and cured on site...‹...‹...‹

Thanks for that info sir. Aunt and I and her girlfriend (childhood friend I should state) planning to go to this area next summer.
thumbsup2.gif

I never had it until finding it on a menu in a restaurant in Houston. Technically it looks and tastes like fried ham to me. Still excellent.
smile.gif

That's an interesting post right there, Snag - but if it's the right shape/size for Eggs Benedict - we are there !!!

Originally Posted by Nitronoise

About how long do you keep it in the oven for? Haven't had bacon in a while so I'm due for some!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Love Canadian bacon, no pizza is complete without it!

I normally buy the thick cut GFS brand bacon in the three lb packs when they have a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back