You have no stash and someone gives you $25 for an OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
No stash..., what does that mean???

If I had to go buy oil, for most vehicles it would be Supertech Oil (conventional or synthetic depending on several factors like vehicle, interval, overall condition of vehicle) and either a Supertech or Fram Orange can (I don't care for the combo valve filters).

Your $25 USD is worth about $37 AUD in Oz, but given our prices, it's still tricky. So I would need to wait for our regular sales

OIL
Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 semi-synthetic
API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4; JASO SG+; MB 229.3; VW 502 00/505 00; Renault RN0700, RN0710.
60% Off, $17 for 5L (save $30)

FILTER
Wesfil Cooper oil filters, 50% Off sale, are $5 each

All real sale prices I have seen and probably used.

Ref:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5014736/1

And yes, I would run 10W40 in anything, even a VVTI spec'd for 0W20

[Linked Image]

Rural King oil for $13.99 and a $4.99 Fram or similar filter.

Supertech synthetic and Supertech filter. Pocket the remaining $2.87 for the cheapest slave labor anyone could buy. And that just ain't right.
I'd do it for free for a friend, but believe me, this scenario has none of my friends anywhere around.
So the better question is... why am I doing an "out the door" oil change for only $25? Sure you can take a coupon to to quicky lube and have the monkeys do it for the same (or less) cost. But I'll be doing it right
smile.gif

For $25 I would tell them to keep it, go to Walmart and get supertech oil and filter. Then bring it over and I'll help them change it. No free passes in my driveway.

I do buy the oil and filter for my daughter's car, but she is right there with me and we change it together. On my son's car, my son does the wrenching and I provide moral support and color commentary, as a dad should.

Originally Posted by SR5
Your $25 USD is worth about $37 AUD in Oz, but given our prices, it's still tricky. So I would need to wait for our regular sales

OIL
Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 semi-synthetic
API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4; JASO SG+; MB 229.3; VW 502 00/505 00; Renault RN0700, RN0710.
60% Off, $17 for 5L (save $30)

FILTER
Wesfil Cooper oil filters, 50% Off sale, are $5 each

All real sale prices I have seen and probably used.

Ref:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5014736/1

Now if I wasn't allowed to chase the sales, the best regular retail prices are at the Bunnings hardware stores.

Their everyday prices are very good for Australia for 5L of semi-synthetic
DuraBlend 5W30 is $30 (API SN-Plus & ILSAC GF-5)
DuraBlend 10W30 is $35 (API SN-Plus & ILSAC GF-5)
DuraBlend 10W40 is $30 (API SN/CF, ACEA A3/B4, MB 229.1, VW 501.01/505.00)

I may be able to pick up a cheap jobber filter, like Silverline, for $7
That should just get me over the line at the current exchange rate.

No chance of a beer though
frown.gif

For $25 they are bringing their own oil and filter....

But if I am helping somebody... they are getting Supertech Syn and a Supertech Filter. If it's an older car and doesn't need the better specs then it drops to conventional ST.

Originally Posted by SR5

frown.gif

If you're doing the oil change for someone you gotta have a cold one, you need to adjust your margins.
grin2.gif

I'd do the best deal I could for a friend. $25 - Ok....it can be done for that.
if it was a hot babe it'd give here the supersin upgrade.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by SR5

frown.gif

If you're doing the oil change for someone you gotta have a cold one, you need to adjust your margins.
grin2.gif

Yep I'm with you mate.

Here I will have to up my price to $50 AUD (= $33 USD)

That will get them a good Valvoline DuraBlend semi-synthetic as above, a Repco filter, and a beer for myself.

Do a 5 quart citgo sun blend ,,,in my area Blaines has it for 11.99
2.87 for a ST filter,,,

14.87 total cost
10.13 left over puts a 12 pack in the garage fridge

Win win for for all parties and a 7.00 dollar rebate shows up couple of weeks later buys lunch ,,,,

Oh Yeah I just did this for my neighbor

Nitronoise: rural king here had their blend for $12~ got that and a Prime Guard for friends chrysler. And got a 12 pack at get Go so win win
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back