Cenex Maxtron DEO 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Schaeffer 15w-40 is in and the romps are back. Its not the brand of oil that my truck hates, its just 15w-40 oil in general. So I'll be looking at an alternative. Cenex makes a CI rated blend called Maxtron and its available in 5w-40 or 15w-40. The price is right too. If I buy it by the case its $2.29 qt. which I think is a good price for a blended oil. Has any body had a experience with Cenex lubricants?

What engine do you have that romps?

Does it "romp" with the oil and filter used by the dealership? Is it still under warranty?

It should be smooth. If it still is under warranty, I'd get an oil change at the dealership. If it romps, take it in for a warranty repair. Do not accept the excuse that they all do it. If that dealership doesn't know how to fix it, have them contact the regional rep of the vehicle maker.

There is a mechanical problem in the governor, injection system, or somewhere that can be fixed.

Ken

Lots of the 6.0s have the rolling idle or romps. The Ford fix is oil viscosity ie. try different oil . My truck does it with 15w-40 oil. Doesnt seem to matter which brand. I'm not taking it to the dealer for a reflash because 90% of the reflash victims come out with bad tow/haul, worse mileage , louder trucks etc. My truck runs perfect as long as I dont use 15w-40 oil. Actually it runs fine except for the fist 30 seconds after a cold start. So as I said I'll be looking to try the Cenex 5w-40 next.

Which build/flash do you have? I have a 11/03 and no romps with 0w40 or 15w40 yet. Although I do understand your concern about flashing your 6.0, I will not let them flash my truck either, love my tow/haul just the way it is.
smile.gif

The term I usually heard used for diesels that don't idle at constant rpm is "loping."

Anyway, Schaeffer's #700 has cold cranking viscosity numbers between 5W & 10W...if there was an 8W, it'd qualify. They probably market it as a 15W for folks' comfort level.

Ken

My truck is a very early build, 12/02. It has not had any flashes so I cant give you a number. I assume what ever it came from the factory with. I didnt have the romps with the factory fill which I think is 10w-30. I have not had any injectors replaced or any issues of any kind. I just need to stay away from 15w-40 oil. Now I wonder if the 5w-40 will work for me. If I have to I'll go right back to the Amsoil 5w-30 even though its expensive. The truck ran flawlessly with that oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back