Napa Gold or Mopar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

For my new to me Hemi, what's your opinion on these two filters. I've heard Mopar is made by Purolator correct? Do they suffer from the same tears? The Napa's I know are rebadged Wix filters.

The price of the Mopar is around $10 and the Napa is $8.

I plan on doing 5-6k OCI's with Pennzoil Platinum 5w20.

I'd go with the Wix filter... Very well made and efficiency is very good 95 percent at 20 microns and 50 percent at 6 microns... And cheaper vs the Mopar filter.

OEM all the way. I feel so all alone....
cry.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
OEM all the way. I feel so all alone....
cry.gif

Well... That's because you likely are
lol.gif

You remember that song by Celine Dion... "All by myself"... That's you man
lol.gif

Last edited:
Preface by saying, for 5-6k mi I'd say either would work just fine. The Napa Gold uses silicone adbv where the Mopar uses nitrile. NG/Wix as noted has a nice beta, Mopar unknown. And prices listed, NG less. Given all that information, between the two makes the Napa Gold/Wix the choice imo.

No idea if this is a cartridge or spin on.

I will say the only readily available filter that looks new after use in my brothers pentastar (cartridge) is a Mopar hands down. We've tried WIX and Fram as well. Not good or bad, but extremely wavy nonetheless.

If it's a spin on, I'd say flip a coin. Both will create some waves.

Originally Posted by dlundblad

I will say the only readily available filter that looks new after use in my brothers pentastar (cartridge) is a Mopar hands down. We've tried WIX and Fram as well. Not good or bad, but extremely wavy nonetheless.

Spin on and a bear to change!

Either filter, if you are a savvy shopper you can get the NAPA GOLD filter down to $4.00, MOPAR advantage is less warranty concerns with maintenance documentation.
TOTO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Slick17601
Originally Posted by dlundblad

Spin on and a bear to change!

An acquaintance of mine has this engine in his Charger. I should have known. The BIL had to help him and he hated it. I believe they used a K and N just for the dome nut. (Not a fan of that btw).

Spin on wise, I'd use whatever is cheaper.

Thanks guys. Rock auto with their discount code and shipping had the Wix for just under $24 for 4 filters. Couldn't pass it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back