The rich get richer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The college football recruiting ratings are now out for the year 2020. #1. Georgia #2. Alabama #3. Clemson #4. LSU #5. Ohio State #6. Texas A&M #7. Auburn #8. Florida #9. Texas #10. Tennessee This list was from 247 composite recruiting rankings. The college football playoffs have the teams that recruit very well in there year after year. As a result, The rich get richer. Texas has had some really good recruiting in the last few years, maybe this will be their year. We will see. Texas' coach is a good guy. I would like to see him and his team make it to the playoffs this year.

Same with college basketball. Right now it's Kentucky, Duke, UNC that have the top 3 recruiting class for 2020/2021. The blue bloods get the top talent. The commitment deadline is still a way off so these rankings will change a little, but the best High School players naturally want to go to the schools that will put their talent in the national spotlight. Sadly, It's all about the $$$!

It's not the money. If I'm a top recruit, I want the best chance to go and win a national championship. It would be stupid to go to a mediocre program.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
It's not the money. If I'm a top recruit, I want the best chance to go and win a national championship TO THE NFL OR NBA. It would be stupid to go to a mediocre program.

FIFY! It's all about making money at the next level, even if it's pro ball overseas. Not saying there might not be a few boosters bending the rules at the college level...
whistle.gif

^^ This is what I'd think. ^^
If you're a "student" or one who works with them (recruiter, coach etc.) you'd want to be on a winning team.
Cream and what aspires to be cream floats to the top. Lesser performers fall away
Then, of course, there's the money part.
I don't claim to know how it's all implemented but I LOVE the idea of some kind of payment fund for the kids.
And, as always, vigorously inspect and police the incomes and possessions of these students and their families OF THE OTHER TEAMS.
Not yours, of course.

My Dad used to say, "Things don't just happen. Things develop."

A history of collegiate sports' successes (even dynasties) would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back