16" Wheels on 09 Lexus RX 350 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shopping for a Lexus RX 350. Prolly get an 08 or 09 as I prefer the layout of the interior/dash on that model. It will be daily driver with OEM wheels and recommended tires, maybe +1 ...

But occasionally it will have to go off-road. I made my living doing OHV trail assessments and erosion surveys for decades before I retired so I'm not concerned about my of the vehicle. But I'd like some more sidewall and a fatter casing to work with when I have to air down for sandy washes in the SoCal desert or the beaches in Oregon.

Stock is 65 aspect ratio on 17" wheels. There are constrictions to just growing tire size like the rear strut structure. So I'm considering 16" wheels with a 30mm positive offset. Coupled with 70 series tires I get more to work with.

This all works IF I can squeeze 16" wheels around the brakes on that model ?? All the pictures I see show clearance between caliper and rim that makes me think it's doable ...

Anyone know about this vehicle and wheel fitment ??

TireRack doesn't show a 16" wheel available for a 2009 RX350 AWD. That leads me to believe 16" wheels will not provide adequate clearance. Just get an AWD model and pair it with some good on/off-road all-terrain tires: TireRack Tires

Originally Posted by NothingNew
TireRack doesn't show a 16" wheel available for a 2009 RX350 AWD. That leads me to believe 16" wheels will not provide adequate clearance. Just get an AWD model and pair it with some good on/off-road all-terrain tires: TireRack Tires

Check the Lexus forums. As much as I like TireRack, they often do not have the alternative items that could fit.

I once had an 03 Focus that came with 16's from factory. When looking for a winter setup, the smallest thing listed online was 15's (I wanted to run 14's).
After some running around, I realized the 14 inch steel wheel setup from an early 90's Tempo/Topaz cleared the rotors perfectly.
Strangely, the optional Tempo/Topaz alloy 14 inch wheels did NOT clear the front rotors.

A look at Rock Auto, just to compare rotor size to 2010 Sienna, 291mm Diameter Rotor vs 2009 RX 350 319mm Diameter Rotor for Wagner's specs, I was thinking it is the same drive train, but they are slightly bigger for the Lexus. I have 16 inch rims on the Sienna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back