Interesting sight this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those wires are strong.. near Wright Tool Co.(a couple miles from my house) a car drove up one and got hung up suspended in midair.. the removal was complicated.. closed down a 4 lane bridge.

3/8 winch cable is around 14400lb breaking strength for comparison.. no idea what kind of cable they use with those pole anchors..

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
That is an interesting sight. I have never seen power lines cross like that before.

looks like lines for electric buses

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by SubyRoo
Wonder how long until someone snatches the cat off of it.

Can't sell them here. No reason to take it.

You can't but they can. I sold a prius cat for $625 last weekend! A truck full could make a "Smokey and the Bandit" run to a friendly state.

I climbed a guy wire in 1962 with my 57 Ford just like that only I came back off the wire onto the ground.
Needed some serious front end work .....
cool.gif

Originally Posted by WhyMe
That is an interesting sight. I have never seen power lines cross like that before.

looks like lines for electric buses

None of those here.

Those are telephone lines. You can see splice boxes near the pole in the distance and a small wire coming off to drop to someone's house.

I once saw a car accident happen where a Land Rover Discovery swerved off the road and ran straight into a guy wire. The wire snapped but the car stopped pretty much immediately, like hitting a wall. It was doing maybe 40 MPH.

Originally Posted by CT8
I guess is was a fast left turn .

Yup, and his left wheel snagged the cable and kept the car from going through the fence. Ten more minutes and that catalytic converter would have gone AWOL.
lol.gif

I don't see a cat.

Newer cars sometimes have them tucked up very close to the engine, if not bolted almost directly to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back