Fleetguard LF17502

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a LF17502 with date code 15360 17 19:04. Made in India. It is still in shrink wrap. Should I use this 4+ year old filter or should cut it open? Just got a new filter opener as well and curious about the construction of fleetguard by pass filter. Have opened a stratapore LF3379 and now I can tell if the filter media is a stratapore just by smelling it. They have very distinct smell comparing to regular paper element.

The reason I may not want to use it is because the LF3379 that I cut open has a 2015 date code has quite a few surface rust spots inside the canister walls. That wasn't in shrink wrap however. Yet the nut plate and inside tube are rust free so I just not sure about condition of this 4 year old filter.

Last edited:
If it's been stored in a cool dry place and shrink wrapped, it will be just fine after 4 years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Boooo ... rusty can. The media would have stopped any that come lose, but still not ideal or pretty.

I ended up just getting the genuine Volvo filter kit and it actually costed me less money than getting all 4 fleetguard filters individually. $70 vs fs254 $25 + lf17502 $20+ Lf3379 $15 + lf3379$15. Plus Volvo filters are all made in Germany and fleetguards are made in Mexico and India. Just seems like a better value.

Also I noticed there are some tiny metal shaving on all of the fleetguard filters. I can see some tiny sparkles after wiped my finger around the nut plate holes. I found none on Volvo filters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back