You have no stash and someone gives you $25 for an OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CharlieJ
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, $22.97 on Walmart.com right now.

I should have clarified.... you need a filter for that oil change as well don't you?

Depending on the capacity and the vehicle requirements. For a 5 qt or less change I would grab the super tech of the proper spec (Syn, Dexos whatever, samefor filter.

For 5 + to 6 quart the Havoline box of the appropriate spec and a filter and you are still in budget.

Don't forget to get a proper drain plug washer and replace the old one if the vehicle uses them for the drain plug. most the engine oil drips I see are from bad worn out drain plug washers, and they are cheap.

I'd probably go ST and ST filter and use the extra $6 for lunch

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I'd probably go ST and ST filter and use the extra $6 for lunch

Same. And I would look over the car for any needed work and ask for an opportunity to do those extra items.
wink.gif

Walmart supertech. $14 for 5 quarts, OEM oil filter from the dealer for $5, and a few snacks from walmart, or maybe a few of those giant beer cans filled the cheap [censored] for me and the boys to make it more of a hang out.

Take that $25 and beg on the streets for more money. Ravenol and OE filters.

PUP and Fram orange can at Walmart

Napa has M1 on sale $5.99/qt, and if you buy 5 quarts, you get a $10 rebate, making it $20
Pair it with a Napa Silver or Proselect to make the $25 quota

Depending on if time of year is end of year when autozone blows out oils dirt cheap; I would go there and find "clearance oil" and use a ST filter
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
What do you buy?

Well, a filter is gonna cost me about $7 retail so that leaves me with abt $18. Since I need 5.5qts of oil, a 5qt jug won't do it for me so I'm going with the 6qt box of Havoline syn blend.. again, a 5qt jug won't do it because I'll need to buy a stand alone qt and that'll likely put me over the $18 I have left.
coffee2.gif

Depends on which car it is for:

1) oil burner: the cheapest oil and I buy a lot to top off later.
2) the nice just pass warranty car: the longest extended drain oil that $25 can buy
3) everything else: the cheapest deal synthetic after rebate of the moment, that means it is usually Pennzoil or Valvoline

I would buy some Corona since according to experts, oil color does not matter and it's still good
shocked2.gif

I think 24 pack at Costco is $23.69
grin2.gif

If Im working for free, $7 oem filter and havoline or QS 5qt jug

if I want some profit, Fram Orange and ST Conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back