Private Label Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with the rockauto private label filters?

They advertised a private label wix, for $2.30 cents (51348), I threw a couple in the order just to see what they were like. I cut one open and it looked nothing like a wix,, I should taken some pictures.
Could this be a cheaper line that wix makes?

The ones I have always received were CarQuest Blue oil filters, and the odd occasional NAPA.

I have never got some weird offshoot or counterfeit.

I've good luck with all their private label/economy filters.

Using a lot of their champ filters of late since they are the cheapest now.

Imo, and in my observation, Rock Auto "private label" oil filters a crap shoot. Last two Wix "private label" posted on promo board including one linked previously, turned out to be Auto Extra jobber tier filters. So, Wix made for AE, similar to Napa ProSelect and some Wix ProTec. If one is willing to roll the dice for the cost savings, have at it.

The AutoExtra filters are fine. They are made by WIX. They were about 1/3 the current price of Pro Select. IF I could be guaranteed to get the exact same Auto Extra repeatedly at that price. I would gladly order more. But you cannot predict what will arrive next time if it is marked private label.

By the way the Auto Extra I received has a real separate valve not a combo valve, considered a minor step up in oil filters. The big issue is Rock Auto never says what you will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back