Weird plumbing. Might belong in the comedy section

Status
Not open for further replies.
My house started out as a 400sqft homestead cabin with a flat roof. Then someone added about a 600 sqft cabin directly over the original cabin and put a peaked roof on it.
Below the peak roof is still the original flat roof.

Then added a bathroom. Then added more rooms and a 2nd bathroom. Total of 1007 sqft.

Anyway the sink in the bathroom closest to the outlet that goes to the septic tank plugged. I could not get it unplugged.

Called a plummer. Guy puts his snake into the sink drain pipe in the wall. Starts feeding the cable.

My wife hears a noise she didn't recognize. The guys snake was coming out of our bathtub drain in our other bathroom!

He got it unplugged and pushed all the nasty into the tub lol. Looks like our back bathroom is plummed to our front bathroom!

Pipes make a U-turn in the foundation instead of going directly out to the septic tank.

Maybe the people that added onto your house are related to the people we bought our house from. Lol

Originally Posted by Donald
You are lucky you have a septic tank. I could see some of the non toilet drain lines running to a buried 55 gal drum.

We had to have the original replaced about 6 years ago. The electric company was driving back there to access s pole and fell into it. I will have to run some water and see if the sink is actully connected to the tank.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
You are lucky you have a septic tank. I could see some of the non toilet drain lines running to a buried 55 gal drum.

We had to have the original replaced about 6 years ago. The electric company was driving back there to access s pole and fell into it. I will have to run some water and see if the sink is actully connected to the tank.

Ouch. I take it that the tank location wasn't known?

Originally Posted by supton

Yes it was. Nobody was home. They were trying to access a pole prolly 500 ft away instead of going around the block they drove through my yard.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
old houses are like a box of chocolates. you never know what you will find till you open them up.

My grandparents house has been abandoned for awhile. Are you saying there will boxes of chocolates when we tear into it? Cool deal!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by supton

Yes it was. Nobody was home. They were trying to access a pole prolly 500 ft away instead of going around the block they drove through my yard.

Seriously? They just drove through private property to avoid driving an extra 0.1 miles?

Originally Posted by dogememe
Seriously? They just drove through private property to avoid driving an extra 0.1 miles?

The term "private property" generally doesn't apply to utility companies when they need to access their stuff. In almost all cases, they have a legal right to reach those things even if they have to cross private property.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Will it pass a standard pre-buy inspection per applicable codes?

What kind of inspection, the type a buyer arranges to check the condition of the roof shingles, turns on the furnace or AC and confirms they work, uses an outlet tester to see if outlets are wired properly ? If that kind, they don't inspect what they can't see, i.e. behind walls. Or does Texas have/require more extensive inspections, as in a plumbing inspector, an electrical inspector, and so on ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Linctex
Will it pass a standard pre-buy inspection per applicable codes?

What kind of inspection, the type a buyer arranges to check the condition of the roof shingles, turns on the furnace or AC and confirms they work, uses an outlet tester to see if outlets are wired properly ? If that kind, they don't inspect what they can't see, i.e. behind walls. Or does Texas have/require more extensive inspections, as in a plumbing inspector, an electrical inspector, and so on ?

Oh. Well we got a brand new roof and siding last summer Electric works and the toilets flush when not plugged up lol

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by dogememe

The term "private property" generally doesn't apply to utility companies when they need to access their stuff. In almost all cases, they have a legal right to reach those things even if they have to cross private property.

They didn't HAVE to. They were just too lazy to drive an extra 100 yards!

I'm not defending them, just stating what is the law in almost all areas of the US. They can do this. Didn't say they should have vs taken a different route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back