Deer and Elk

Status
Not open for further replies.
They finally got signs up. We have four active herds of Elk in the area as well of hundreds of deer. Talk about running the gauntlet. Any other cool road signs out there? How about some Kangaroo crossings from the buds Down Under?

8F4B5A92-5649-4321-81BB-C35858C4F9F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Our deer signs are like the upper one in the photo. Years ago, when my youngest daughter was about four, she used to point them out and excitedly announce "jumping reindeer"!

We had these for a short time, but some basement dwellers decided they wanted the signs in their basement. " No offence to anyone that lives in a basement "

https://www.krem.com/article/news/l...missing-on-n-idaho-highway/293-446100939

They stole the new signs too, ITD gave up on replacing the signs, there are no signs now.

There is also a sign on hwy 200 near Plains Montana with an frame construction type flashing lights and a tally of how many mountain sheep that have been killed right there on the road during the calendar year, its usually in the hundreds! Its pretty normal to see the mountain sheep on the side of the road.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
They finally got signs up. We have four active herds of Elk in the area as well of hundreds of deer. Talk about running the gauntlet. Any other cool road signs out there? How about some Kangaroo crossings from the buds Down Under?

This lady will have those signs moved.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

This lady will have those signs moved.
crackmeup2.gif

That poor dumb lady actually reported back once she realized her mistake. She was a pretty good sport about it and was able to laugh at herself. Still, she is not the brightest bulb on the shelf at the auto parts store.

^ lol, yeah we have a sign or two scattered around the area but the deer ignore them and cross wherever they like.
wink.gif

Clearly we need sunglasses for the deer so headlights don't freak them out as much.

How about some Kangaroo crossings from the buds Down Under?

An Aussie friend of mine posted this on FB.

[Linked Image]

We have falling rock signs in the mountains that would be considered unusual in most parts of the country, but I thought this sign was very cool. It's not my pic, I pulled it off the internet, but I've driven by it and seen it many times. Then there's the Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Hwy sign posted on I-70 but as I understand, there are quite a few of those around the country.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Dave9
^ lol, yeah we have a sign or two scattered around the area but the deer ignore them and cross wherever they like.
wink.gif

Clearly we need sunglasses for the deer so headlights don't freak them out as much.

I think they do it to taunt you locals.
I bet if you cover the signs they will get confused and not know where to cross.
28.gif

I don't have a pic but just N of me is Wild Horse Mesa where there are huge herds of wild mustangs. All along CO 159 are horse warning signs with solar powered flashing yellow lights. Still, many are hit by cars & trucks usually totaling the cars.

On a county road near where I once lived in (relatively rural) northwest Jersey, an unofficial elephant-crossing sign appeared, complete with footprints. Surprisingly, the local road authorities did not remove it until the road was repaved years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back