RIP. Kirk Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad to see this, though I know he had a long life. They simply do not have stars like him any more--he was a true classic. I loved every movie he made and still smile when I see him singing "Whale of a Tale" in 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. RIP and Godspeed Good Sir!

In Harms Way is another great movie. Kirk Douglas was excellent in that movie which had a star studded cast.

Kirk Douglas
John Wayne
Burgess Meredith
Patricia Neal
Henry Fonda
George Kennedy
Carroll O'Connor

and others. If you like good war movies, this is the one.

Originally Posted by PimTac
In Harms Way is another great movie. Kirk Douglas was excellent in that movie which had a star studded cast.

Kirk Douglas
John Wayne
Burgess Meredith
Patricia Neal
Henry Fonda
George Kennedy
Carroll O'Connor

and others. If you like good war movies, this is the one.

I love that movie. Have it on DVD.

Kind of a sleeper Kirk Douglas movie that I like is Top Secret Affair, a light romantic comedy with Susan Hayward.

I saw Young Man With A Horn last week. Kirk gives a typically all-in performance.

Last edited:
RIP.

I saw as a kid Spartacus, 20,000 Leagues and many other movies.

But what I remember the most is "Tough Guys" with also Burt Lancaster.

He was 70-71 at that time, and there was a sequence where he put any fitness guru of the 80's to shame.

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
News reports say he was 103 years old.

In spite of surviving a massive stroke in the early 1980s no less and making a complete recovery. That guy sure had an iron constitution. RIP Spartic us.

He was awesome in the movie "Final Countdown", among others...RIP Kirk...

Originally Posted by skyactiv
He starred in some excellent films before I was born.

He was in movies before my parents were born.

What stinks at my end is that you can't just bring up a list of anyone's movies to rent.

Mini-binge watching at times like this is something I'd do. Too bad film libraries aren't accessible easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back