Bosch 3323 filter after 3450 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Honda CR-V with 16k on odo.

Nothing unusual noticed in the reveal. Base plate and o ring, ADV, and bypass valve in good shape. Filter medium has a couple wide spaced pleats otherwise looks good. No tears or anything unusual with the medium. Oil looks fine as well.

Oil used was Magnatec 0w-20. UOA from Blackstone does note a 3.8% fuel content.

Link to pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L9177zQ_dzq4lKjz8tzFADG9WwcdmNZW?usp=sharing

Last edited:
53' Stude

Castrol Magnatec 0w-20 and Bosch 3323 in/on for round 2. I tend to use same oil/filter combo minimum of three times for consistency with data collection. Just the way I do it.

I don't remember the date code...I tend to visually inspect filters and glance at date code more out of habit while purchasing or when receive in mail.

I would record date code if an issue is discovered during initial inspection or after cutting and make company aware.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OS4A
53' Stude

Castrol Magnatec 0w-20 and Bosch 3323 in/on for round 2. I tend to use same oil/filter combo minimum of three times for consistency with data collection. Just the way I do it.

I don't remember the date code...I tend to visually inspect filters and glance at date code more out of habit while purchasing or when receive in mail.

I would record date code if an issue is discovered during initial inspection or after cutting and make company aware.

Thank You for that info sir
smile.gif

Looks good to me. I ran the BP 3323 in an Accord ~6400 mi. posted here. Went back with the same filter. Unfortunately Amazon price has gotten to point where not the value it was and other filters more attractive. As I don't buy filters in bulk, Rock Auto with shipping costs added, not an option for me.

Thanks for c&p.

Sayjac

Agreed on the Amazon pricing. When I bought 4 for my friends CR-V. 2 were ~$5 locally and later on found 2 that were ~$3.50 off Amazon. Still have 2 in reserve soshe will be good for the next year or so.

53' Stude

The two remaining Bosch 3323 set aside for the CR-V have a date code of F02L09E1...Fayettville Feb 9th.

Any info on the E1 for year? Getting harder to find this info online and I didn't spend too much time looking either. Do you have a guess as to year?

Thanks

The two remaining Bosch 3323 set aside for the CR-V have a date code of F02L09E1...Fayettville Feb 9th.

Any info on the E1 for year? Getting harder to find this info online and I didn't spend too much time looking either. Do you have a guess as to year?

Thanks

E1 is not the year ... L is, which would be 2019 (see link below for decoder table). So it was made Feb 9, 2019. The "02L09" in the code is month/year/day.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...81/puorlator-date-code-table#Post4474681

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Thanks

E1 is not the year ... L is, which would be 2019 (see link below for decoder table). So it was made Feb 9, 2019. The "02L09" in the code is month/year/day.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...81/puorlator-date-code-table#Post4474681

ZeeOSix

Much appreciated. Thanks

Sayjac
Agreed on the Amazon pricing. When I bought 4 for my friends CR-V. 2 were ~$5 locally and later on found 2 that were ~$3.50 off Amazon. Still have 2 in reserve soshe will be good for the next year or so.
Yep, I got several when Amazon had them the ~$5 range or less. Also have two left. I was pleased with the construction and results. If price gets there again and I have a need, I'd buy again. But I'm doubtful that will happen again.

I picked up a few Bosch 3323 filters on sale from Menards ($3 each I think). They ended up on my motorcycles when I changed oil + filter last fall. First time I've used Bosch. I'll see how they work this summer. I'm not anticipating any issues since I've been run automotive filters on them for years (Mobil 1, Purolator). Same size filter that I use on my CR-V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back