AC DELCO PF 64 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2019 Chevy Malibu. Had AC DELCO oiland this filter for 5,000 on it. I put another AC DELCO filter and some M1 oil back in and on.

Enjoy the photos

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Is the PF64 still made with metal center tube or are they only made with plastic cage ?

Nice photos. ðŸ‘

Plastic center tube and metal endcaps
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
Very nice. These Delco filters seem to hold up well. Thank you.

You are very welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Is the PF64 still made with metal center tube or are they only made with plastic cage ?

Still lots of stock with the metal tubes at dealers and Walmart. 12640445 is the p/n. It's noticeably heavier and has a base-end ADBV.

Interesting..usually the ecore models are denoted by an 'e" after the part #. This just says PF64 which should mean a non-ecore model. Perhaps they were only using the "e" suffix when phasing in to all ecore?

Never had an issue with the Delco filters on my GM vehicles. This one looks no different. Solid filter.

As always, Stude, thanks for the C&P!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
I do not see any pics of your " nice filter cutter ".

I'll take some when I cut a carquest red filter from a F-150 truck and a MC FL500S later today

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Interesting..usually the ecore models are denoted by an 'e" after the part #. This just says PF64 which should mean a non-ecore model. Perhaps they were only using the "e" suffix when phasing in to all ecore?

Yeah, ones we use at work and get from our GM dealer are all E Cores

There was a rolling change. Older PF64 looked normal, newer PF64 has like a cage on top of the ADBV holes.

Interesting thing is that PF64 is used on a lot of applications ranging from turbo Malibu (LTG 2.0) to the 6.2 Corvette and Silverados.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back