Chevron Supreme 5w30

Bulk from a 55gal drum at work. Caterpillar SOS did the analysis.

Screenshot_20200204-194540_Drive.jpg

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Chevron Supreme 5W-30 and 10W-30 motor oils are still available at our local Wisconsin Costco warehouses.
Both viscosities are API service-rated: SN+ and Resource Conserving.
Great oils.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=533194&docFormat=PDF

Agreed.. solid SAE 30 grade at 100c and a nice AW/detergent pkg. Very similar to their Havoline line. Getting harder to find these days..ugh!
frown.gif

Tx for the VOA OP. ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tundraotto
Pretty solid on the Boron and Moly. Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely !!!!
Thanks OP for your time and 💵 !!!

Originally Posted by SR5
Wow !! 116ppm Boron, 172 ppm Moly and 874 ppm Zinc
That is a nice add pack.

Arguably one of the best "budget" oils out there..too bad Chevron's phasing it out in lieu of Havoline, from what I heard here on BITOG.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by SR5
Wow !! 116ppm Boron, 172 ppm Moly and 874 ppm Zinc
That is a nice add pack.

Arguably one of the best "budget" oils out there..too bad Chevron's phasing it out in lieu of Havoline, from what I heard here on BITOG.

That's what the bottler told me but he said it would take a few years to disappear.

This is the oil I'm running in my 04 Tacoma , glad to see it's a solid oil. Too bad Wal-Mart raised the price online to almost double. It was around $11 a jug. It cost me about $16 for an oil change and factory Toyota filter. Once my stash is gone I'll have to give Havoline a try.

Originally Posted by JustinSL
This is the oil I'm running in my 04 Tacoma , glad to see it's a solid oil. Too bad Wal-Mart raised the price online to almost double. It was around $11 a jug. It cost me about $16 for an oil change and factory Toyota filter. Once my stash is gone I'll have to give Havoline a try.

Welcome to BITOG!

Same here, I wish I had stashed some Supreme 5w30 away. I guess just assumed it would always be on the shelf at Wally's for $12. Now it's like $25!!!!

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
It meets Ford specs, would you guys try it in an Ecoboost?

If it meets the spec or carries the approval, I don't see why not? That's what spec's are for after all...

Last edited:
Thanks glad to be here , I've been a lurker for a few years but I decided to take the jump and join.

Welcome, Justin.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thanks glad to be here.

JustinSL: welcome to BITOG

Exactly right Capt ^^^^^

Very good VoA here Justin... And thank you for this VoA... Interesting to note the additive package here and Havoline DS are the same now....

Yeah the Chevron oil is being phased out... But still can and will be found for awhile.... Roses stores in my area carry it...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thanks glad to be here.

JustinSL: welcome to BITOG

Exactly right Capt ^^^^^

Very good VoA here Justin... And thank you for this VoA... Interesting to note the additive package here and Havoline DS are the same now....

Yeah the Chevron oil is being phased out... But still can and will be found for awhile.... Roses stores in my area carry it...

That's interesting you point out the similarities. The latest Havoline Pro DS VOA showed quite a jump in moly. My Mazda ran very quiet on that oil. I'm thinking I'll go back to that on the next change and for the price it can't be beat.

Yes. Despite its robust add pack, I would keep the OCIs to a shorter or lesser interval as compared to a top-shelf synthetic though. I would accomplish OCIs between 3 and 4K miles.

Originally Posted by SteveG4

Yes. Despite its robust add pack, I would keep the OCIs to a shorter or lesser interval as compared to a top-shelf synthetic though. I would accomplish OCIs between 3 and 4K miles.

Is that because the EB is hard on oil because I've done 5k in my Kia v6 many a time without issues on CS 5/30. But that engine is fairly easy on oil, very little/to no burning or fuel dilution to speak of. But I've never owned an EB so dunno...

Btw.. there's a $5 rebate on Supreme right now.

Last edited:
Back