New car speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speakers in my Smart are starting to rattle and buzz.
New ones needed...

I do not know beans about car speakers...

Can someone educate me?
2 way, 3 way, etc...?

Good brand to buy?

Really small space (snicker) I'm trying to fill with sound...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Look on Crutchfield. The few extra bucks you'll spend there is worth it.

I'll second Crutchfield - they will tell you exactly what fits, and include the parts and adapters, if needed, to make them plug & play.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Look on Crutchfield. The few extra bucks you'll spend there is worth it.

+2

I've used them many times.

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
Speakers in my Smart are starting to rattle and buzz.
New ones needed...

I do not know beans about car speakers...

Can someone educate me?
2 way, 3 way, etc...?

Good brand to buy?

Really small space (snicker) I'm trying to fill with sound...

Are you sure that the rattle and buzz is not the car itself?
I never did understand the purpose of the Smart car.

Tundraelectronics or sonicelectronix. I would go with focal, infinity or pioneer premier

+2 on Focal. Best speakers I've ever owned. They have an OEM replacement line that is pretty reasonable, their high end stuff (expensive and needs amps) sounds like great home equipment.

I like Polk speakers- good quality and rugged. Most of their line also meets marine ratings. Polk is headquartered in Baltimore, so unlike the vast majority of speaker companies they are at least partially USA.

If you are just looking for good stock replacements some good brands are Infinity, JBL, Focal, pioneer, and my most favorite is Rockford Fosgate.
Just my personal opinion stay away from kicker speakers, they sounded like crap to me.

I just put some Infinity's in my Buick using the stock head unit and am very pleased with them. Low end was better than I was expecting but it seems even better now, I think there maybe some truth to speakers needing a break in period. I've had to turn down the bass a couple notches.

Rears - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8QP9LF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
Doors - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8RP9HN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The door speakers bass has really come around more so than the rears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back