Million mile Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ad244
10,000 mile OCI.... Oh the Horror!

He puts between 300-400 miles every day therefore he is changing it every month or less.

800k miles on the original clutch. That man knows how to shift right !

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
800k miles on the original clutch. That man knows how to shift right !

The one in our shop truck lasted 369K with tons of drivers! Everyone from us to customers drove it.

Why do they make the odometer stop at 999999?
mad.gif

with the exception of the earlier automatic-oil cooler issue frontiers are pretty solid. still no problematic DI + my 2011 is a stick with the proven 4.0 V-6, good power + decent mpg's whats not to like. they are a best buy being thousands less than others! the fronty is more midsized not like the cramped overpriced Toco's, can't believe people pay what they ask!!!

I like to drive, but 12-14 hours and 300-400 miles per day just doesn't appeal to me. Good on him if he enjoys what he's doing.

And yet my 09 with a 2.5 burns around a quart of oil every 1k with impeccable service. My 03 which should have used oil used none when it was totaled at 176k. I actually thought that car would have run a million miles. I replaced nothing outside of brakes and tires.

Originally Posted by ad244
10,000 mile OCI.... Oh the Horror!

That's just asking for engine issues. Oh, wait....

Honestly if you hit a million miles in a certain vehicle, the company should give you 75% off your next one or something like that. Sure they'd lose money but think of the positive publicity and recognition from the public.

I'm thinking about a Frontier for my next car purchase. Probably one from the current generation, unless a newer one really knocks my socks off. Even though it's been roughly the same since about 2004, there's just something about them that I like. Having a reliable drivetrain doesn't hurt, either.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Another EXCELLENT Nissan engine!

Very true, Nissan still has a pretty strong engine in most cars, it's their crap CVT's and poor QC issues since Renault took over.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Why do they make the odometer stop at 999999?
mad.gif

Adding an extra digit space to that display that never gets used costs money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back