Recycled motor oil end users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by P10crew
Panda I think Mobil would have to tell us that a certain % is recycled.

What makes you think so? Currently I don't think they have to tell you which oil field they get their crude from, or what percentage of it is actually hydrocracked or PAO.

At first glance it just seems a little underhanded. Your probably correct but if one company used it and another didn't it would be all over their advertisements.
It's probably just like the old saying about making sausage.

vacuum distillation and hydro treating will clean it right up.
The chemistry of the oil will not contain any of the possible contaminants in waste oil streams such as brake fluid, and glycol. The vacuum tower will do most the work, the hydro treater or even cracking will do the rest. for the base oil.

I see no reason to avoid it if it is formulated to your needed specs.

Is there a law that said you have to tell the customer what the ingredient of their purchase is from if the quality is the same? I think they don't even tell you the percentage of their formula let alone what percentage of it is rerefined vs refined from crude or which oil field.

Last edited:
So, i was wondering what equipment burns or uses heavy fuel oils like #4, #5 and #6 besides some surviving restored steam locomotives?

Thank You in advance

Ocean Liners, Ocean going cargo vessels, Aircraft carriers, to name a few. Used to be the standby fuel for power plants in case of a coal strike (remember those) up north.

Originally Posted by JohnG
Ocean Liners, Ocean going cargo vessels, Aircraft carriers, to name a few. Used to be the standby fuel for power plants in case of a coal strike (remember those) up north.

Thanks for the info. Should have said after I posted my question I did read about it some but being such a thick lube, it's hard to get it to burn. Thank You again sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back