TSLA at 52 week high

You *are*( kidding, right? 733?? That can't be true! If true, then it is a bubble. Even as a Tesla car owner I can see that. As insane as the acceleration of the M3P!

Originally Posted by Vikas
You *are*( kidding, right? 733?? That can't be true! If true, then it is a bubble. Even as a Tesla car owner I can see that. As insane as the acceleration of the M3P!

Analysts are predicting $7,000 by 2024. Some are thinking they will sell 500,000 cars soon with Shanghai and Berlin coming up to production.
Short sellers are dead.

Last edited:
$730, Wow!
I'm not a believer in electric cars (as in environmental saviours), but having driven model S, it is an awesome driving machine, so I'm not opposed to them as an alternate mode of transportation. Having more choices is always a positive thing.

I am belliever however, in supporting american manufacturing and I hope Tesla continues to improve and deliver on its goals.

The amount of negativity towards it is quite astonishing IMO. They employ thousands if people and yet many would love to see them fail.

Yet, when a transplant is announced with mostly low skill level positions, its praised to high heaven.

Last edited:
$780 a share, more than double the value in 2 months. Every investor or wannabe investor like me has their eyes glued to TSLA today!

Originally Posted by dareo
$780 a share, more than double the value in 2 months. Every investor or wannabe investor like me has their eyes glued to TSLA today!

Not all.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Analysts are predicting $7,000 by 2024. Some are thinking they will sell 500,000 cars soon with Shanghai and Berlin coming up to production.
Short sellers are dead.

In the grand scheme of things (aka total cars sold) half a million cars is peanuts. May be TSLA stock buyers are just stupidly crazy and do not understand mathematics.

Back to Jeff. You better give me ride in your Roadster with your TSLA stock. I think you promised :)

Short sellers are dead.

In the grand scheme of things (aka total cars sold) half a million cars is peanuts. May be TSLA stock buyers are just stupidly crazy and do not understand mathematics.

Back to Jeff. You better give me ride in your Roadster with your TSLA stock. I think you promised :)

TSLA is TBTF. Although they don't meet the definition they are the ultimate expression of a GSE (G.. Sponsored Enterprise).

OK; if you say so. You know what, I might be able to likely prove that GDR has proportionately invested more in BMW than USG has put in Tesla but I don't think that you will change your mind.

OK; if you say so. You know what, I might be able to likely prove that GDR has proportionately invested more in BMW than USG has put in Tesla but I don't think that you will change your mind.

There's no denying that the GDR has dumped millions into their domestics. I'm not a fan of manufacturing subsidies in general. Subsidies are not "free" as in someone is shouldering the cost either in future or present terms.

Gee, I wonder what would happen if oil subsidies were ended?

Oh yeah, Tesla paid back the entire subsidy loan 9 years early...
Tesla is the only American car company to do so.
Those dogs!

In the mean time, today TSLA rose $129, to $780; 20%.
Those dogs!

Gee, I wonder what would happen if oil subsidies were ended?

Oh yeah, Tesla paid back the entire subsidy loan 9 years early...
Tesla is the only American car company to do so.
Those dogs!

In the mean time, today TSLA rose $129, to $780; 20%.
Those dogs!

Depends on what sort of subsidy you're speaking of.

Are you talking energy subsidies

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Or are you equating a tax deduction as a subsidy? Ex. Oil companies have access to depletion which is similar to depreciation.
The reality is that oil/gas subsidies however how small or large are passed down to all finished products including TESLA vehicles.

The reality is that without the monstrous tax CREDIT afforded buyers of Tesla cars in combination with public policy TESLA would have died a quick death. The only thing keeping them alive is govt contracts via SPACE-X and that investors assume once the worldwide public policy really takes hold Tesla will be in the best place relative to its competitors. I'm not arguing over the merits of the public policy itself I'm just making a statement of fact.

Last edited:
I am a former Tesla employee and stockholder. I can't get into much detail as the terms of my separation prevent me from disclosing a lot of insider information.

I expect to see another run up in stock value in April when Tesla hosts the battery investor day conference. Their acquisition of Maxwell Technologies to get the exclusive on the dry battery electrode technology plus use of their ultracapacitor technology will mean incremental improvements in range and substantial cost reductions.

Anyone who measures Tesla the same way that they measure other automotive manufacturers is myopic. Tesla will have revenue streams from other sources than the sale of finished automobiles over the next ten years. Licensing their software and autonomous driving technology, their solar products, Space -X, and either manufacturing enough batteries to sell them to other auto makers or licensing the technology will all contribute to their bottom line. Other automakers are lucky to be where Tesla was in 2012. The new GM Hummer EV ? Hahahahaha good luck with that. Will probably go over about like the Porsche Taycan.

Barrons and Ark Capital seem to "get it" with their evaluations. I have decided if TSLA exceeds that $5000/share valuation I am going to put in a sell order for enough shares to buy something exotic. Like an Aston Martin or maybe a '63 Corvette. Something to enjoy while I am still young enough. But probably not an EV. I want an old school petroleum burner and don't much care if I help save the planet from the supposed Global Warming trend.

TSLA hit $940 earlier today. Only at $890 now, up $110 or 14%.

SORRY, NOT UP; that means the stock is DOWN by $50
SELL SELL SELL NOW

:)

It will be fun to come back and re-visit this topic say on 01/01/2021 and see if my Tesla car is orphan or not.

Last edited:
TSLA hit $940 earlier today. Only at $890 now, up $110 or 14%.

SORRY, NOT UP; that means the stock is DOWN by $50
SELL SELL SELL NOW

:)

It will be fun to come back and re-visit this topic say on 01/01/2021 and see if my Tesla car is orphan or not.

I wonder how many institutional shareholders cannot sell because it would violate the "environmental stewards" portion of their disclosed investment strategy?

Profit takers... Still up almost 100% YTD.
What a crazy ride.

Or the short squeeze is over and the greater fool theory says there's a shortage of fools now.

Or it's a good time to get in when some analysts are calling for 1000.

Back