New 2019 Tacoma- rebooting radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma. It had only 50 miles on it. It's my wife's truck. My problem with it is that the radio reboots about every ten minutes. The issue seems to be with my wife's iPhone 10. She has to turn off the blue tooth and that solves the issue. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced the head unit. It took them three weeks to get the part and replace it. It worked for a day and then started again. We took it back and they said the issue is with the iPhone. I have googled the issue and it seems to pop up every now and then with Tacomas. It seems to be a known random issue. I think the dealer is done with us. I don't know now what to do. Any suggestions???

Originally Posted by handyman
I just bought a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma. It had only 50 miles on it. It's my wife's truck. My problem with it is that the radio reboots about every ten minutes. The issue seems to be with my wife's iPhone 10. She has to turn off the blue tooth and that solves the issue. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced the head unit. It took them three weeks to get the part and replace it. It worked for a day and then started again. We took it back and they said the issue is with the iPhone. I have googled the issue and it seems to pop up every now and then with Tacomas. It seems to be a known random issue. I think the dealer is done with us. I don't know now what to do. Any suggestions???

Truck under warranty. Keep after dealer as I have seen this fixed with a new head unit..............so they may have misdiagnosed.

The place to ask is here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/

Last edited:
We took it back to the dealer and they replaced the head unit. It took them three weeks to get the part and replace it. It worked for a day and then started again. We took it back and they said the issue is with the iPhone.
"We threw a new HU unit at it. Here is an unbelievable diagnosis, now kindly [censored] off. "

You bought a new Toyota and there is a problem? Go to the dealer and keepon then , call the customer service number in the owners manual and be polite but firm. not BITOG.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
It's happening to Tacomas Tundras and other Toyota vehicles. I linked the article. Its a bug in Apples bluetooth software. Seems hit and mis. According to apple no eta on the software update. www.tundras.com/threads/head-unit-constantly-rebooting.37750/page-2#post-1445266

Apple released iOS 13.3.1 - some CarPlay implementations were acting up with 13.3. Not sure about Toyota - they didn't release CarPlay for the 2019 Tacoma, they rolled it out on the new RAV4, Camry and Corolla as well as the mid-cycle refresh of the Prius. Toyota says CarPlay and Android Auto will be standard across the line for 2020-2021.

A friend's iPhone isn't playing nice with his JVC I installed, but it works fine with my 11.

In the meanwhile, check to see if a Entune update is available. You can apply those yourself with no need for a Techstream or updater tool. You will need a 4GB or bigger flash drive formated to FAT32 or exFAT to create the updater.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back