Schaeffer's Container Size/Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Anyone know why Schaeffer's doesn't sell the S-7000 15W-40 in gallon or 2.5 gallon jugs at a discounted price?

15W-40 is popular with the "large sump crowd" and I bet they'd sell a lot more of this stuff if you could get it for say $10.50 - $11.00/gallon if bought @ 2 2.5 gallon jugs in a case.

How many PSD/CTD guys are cracking open 15 1-quart bottles to fill their engines
grin.gif

Seriously, this seems like odd marketing - sticking with only 1-quart bottles...or is it just me?

Tim

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
Well you could buy a 55 gallon drum and put a spigot on it.
grin.gif
cheers.gif

If I had that much oil on hand, I'd probably be changing my oil even more often, just because I "wouldn't want it to go bad". Defeats my economics
wink.gif

edit: BTW, how does one get it for $3/qt? Schaeffer's website says $4.50/qt...that must be list?

Tim

quote:

Originally posted by Tim:
Anyone know why Schaeffer's doesn't sell the S-7000 15W-40 in gallon or 2.5 gallon jugs at a discounted price?

15W-40 is popular with the "large sump crowd" and I bet they'd sell a lot more of this stuff if you could get it for say $10.50 - $11.00/gallon if bought @ 2 2.5 gallon jugs in a case.

How many PSD/CTD guys are cracking open 15 1-quart bottles to fill their engines
grin.gif

Seriously, this seems like odd marketing - sticking with only 1-quart bottles...or is it just me?

Tim

I guess the original question got lost as far as being "discounted".

I do purchase the 15w-40 in gallons...
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by salesrep:
We sell 6 by one gallon cases. As well as 5 gallon pails.

Aha! Now we are getting somewhere. I was just ignorant!
pat.gif

Can you email me with pricing (including at the critical $250+ level) for these 6 one-gallon cases, 5 gallon pails, etc? 4 1-gallon cases of Soy Shield, too?

thanks,

Tim

[email protected]

Getting harder and harder not to try this stuff!

Tim

quote:

Originally posted by steiner43511:
quarts of schaeffers are only $2.72 at carquest

Micron Moly gasoline engine oil or Moly Bond diesel engine oil, both all petroleum, or the Supreme 7000 synthetic blend?

All are excellent and the dino oil is likely better than a cheap synthetic, but the Supreme 7000 is even better. I'm on my 2nd change of Supreme 7000 15W-40 in my 114,000 mile Volvo. The engine has never run smoother and I'm beginning to see the moly plating on certain areas on the cam surfaces (visible through the oil filler) that evidently are subject to high contact forces. The turbocharger boost gauge also seems to move more quickly. (No, not only two oil changes in 114k!)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back