Supertech Syn now in 12qt boxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by JLTD
... Oil is 7-8 lbs/ gallon. 12 qts = 3 gallons so 21-24lbs. So volk06 isn't far off, depending on box weight, guessing 2 lbs. ...
7×3+2=23

You forgot to quote the part where I said, "volk06 is NOT FAR OFF"

8x3=24, +2lb box = 26 lbs. Not far off from his snap estimate of 28.

For people worried about having a waste container after the oil change, just call a local shop and ask if they have a 5 gallon bucket you can have, the one with the lid.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bettez88
Does it come in different weights?

Yes, 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 so far. Not sure about anything heavier atm.

Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr
What is old is new again.

I wish I had my grandfathers oil dispensers and squirt cans.

I have a couple, also one could save some empty 5 quart oil jugs and reuse to measure. Amazon has some nice looking containers, unfortunately it doesn't fit my car lol. Or a small plastic gas can with flexible spout are usually inexpensive in a 1 or 2 gallon size. If your vehicle takes an odd amount like 5.6 mark your own 1.5 gallon gas can and fill er up. Maybe when my shelf empties out I'll load one up there.

08664506-7C5D-49F1-9A48-8D363DFABD8D.jpeg

D7493751-0E50-4CD4-9311-8B3424E9FBDD.jpeg

Price higher per quart compared to Costco Kirkland Signature 5 qt 2 pack in store $25 plus tax. Also, transferring and measuring from the big 12 qt. container may cause more spills and contamination.
But maybe the ST syn 12 quart box will go on rollback.

Just a thought if they did this with diesel oil it would be pretty convenient that one box would cover an oil change for most diesel pickups

Originally Posted by SEMI_287
Any PDS or MSDS info out there for this?

Good question, you gotta first find out who's packaging it for Wally's. It's probably one of the two Warren's.. Maybe somebody's already cross checked the Dexos license???

Originally Posted by thrace
Price higher per quart compared to Costco Kirkland Signature 5 qt 2 pack in store $25 plus tax. Also, transferring and measuring from the big 12 qt. container may cause more spills and contamination.
But maybe the ST syn 12 quart box will go on rollback.

If ya can't work a spigot without spillage you probably shouldn't be changing your own oil. As for contamination, I don't see how that's a possibility unless you drop your cigarette or something into the dispensed oil.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Drew7a
The Dexos License numbers on the box do not seem to cross reference? Maybe the Dexos website is not up to date.

I had the same problem. Citgo seems to make our Supertech around here now. But I'd still like to know who makes this.

At least with these boxes they're less likely to be tampered with. Meaning someone didn't put their used oil back in the box. Plus with the Matrix this equates to three oil changes. So about $11 per oil change plus the filter.

I just got one of these, but the price was on "rollback" to $20.00 even. $33 a box is a good price, but $20 (with no rebates involved) is outstanding.

Originally Posted by HappyLittlePony
I just got one of these, but the price was on "rollback" to $20.00 even. $33 a box is a good price, but $20 (with no rebates involved) is outstanding.

Wow - $1.67 a quart for synthetic...... outstanding indeed.

Originally Posted by HappyLittlePony

What the? $20 for 12qts of full synthetic? Outstanding...at that price you could buy the lot of them and become your very own oil emirate! (just be careful that your neighbor doesn't 'invade' your garage!)
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back