Cheapest way to send a sample to Blackstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My NAPA kit was mailed to ALS Tribology in Atlanta, GA. There is either one or two more addresses that it can be mailed to depending on where you live. Results look like this below.

full-70781-1225-napa_resized.jpg

Originally Posted By: shanneba
I just looked online at NAPA, with the online 10% reserve and pick up it shows as $13.50!
I had to select a store in a little larger city to find it in stock.

None of my local stores keep it in stock, but they can have it the next day with no extra cost.

Originally Posted By: kjbock
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Sent mine in a bubble mailer today. Sealed in the black box. 5.3 oz. $3.02 with free tracking. Expected delivery Tuesday (hopefully).

Same here. $3.02 from NC. USPS First Class, tracking included. Expected to arrive Tuesday after mailing on Friday.

Has yours been updating/delivered? Mine has been stuck on "Departed USPS Facility" since Sunday.

Old thread resurrection...
Can you just drop the black container in the mail with the label from Blackstone? It says on it no postage due if shipped in the US.

Originally Posted by KevD47
Old thread resurrection...
Can you just drop the black container in the mail with the label from Blackstone? It says on it no postage due if shipped in the US.

You should be able to.

I ship my samples in the supplied black mailer. Since I don't get the prepaid kits I just take them to the PO and send them first class.

Have Blackstone keep your pigeon for a few weeks. Call Blackstone and tell him to let the pigeon go. When the bird gets to your house, feed it and let it rest in its cage for a week. Then tie the sample to the pigeons feet or train it to carry the sample like a football. If you use this technique, make sure it's properly done with no showboating on the bird's behalf. You don't want the sample to be fumbled. Let the pigeon soar and call Blackstone and tell him to be on the lookout.

Thanks, I think I get it. I didn't prepay anything to Blackstone, just got the free sample kit sent to my house which has a USPS label on it already. I dropped it in the mail with my oil sample and a check inside Monday. They must be preparing the pigeon now...(tracking says "label created, not yet in system" on Thursday)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KevD47
Thanks, I think I get it. I didn't prepay anything to Blackstone, just got the free sample kit sent to my house which has a USPS label on it already. I dropped it in the mail with my oil sample and a check inside Monday. )

I'm trying to picture this in my head.
You get the Sampler kit and USPS label attached. Where does the bank check fit-in? Does the Sampler kit have a bubble envelope that houses the bank check too?

I always just wrapped my check around the sample bottle. Make sure the label is attached to Blackstone and took it to the post office. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back