Suggestions for JOBD scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at a Autel DiagLink OBD2 MD802 for Japanese cars. I need live data, ABS scanning is not necessary. Any other suggestions?

I have a MD802 Elite and can say that it should do the job. .............lifetime free updates is nice, but its rather slow

The MD808 is probably the more modern answer with more features at the same price.

If you are not interested in logging/storing data then the cheaper Autel AP200 (that I also have) is a more elegant solution ...........I find I always grab this when I need to get a quick analysis

Others will have their own favorites

If all you want to cover are the toyotas in your sig, the ebay techstream dongle is hard to beat.

Would also like to know what sort of live data you want-- the generic stuff is covered by the Torque Pro app and generic ELM327 bluetooth dongle.

I have the maxidiag elite as well and its pretty capable, but it can take time to scan all the systems, especially MB. Be sure about which one youre getting, I know some only work with one model line once selected, and others work with all.

Originally Posted by LvR
I have a MD802 Elite and can say that it should do the job. .............lifetime free updates is nice, but its rather slow

The MD808 is probably the more modern answer with more features at the same price.

If you are not interested in logging/storing data then the cheaper Autel AP200 (that I also have) is a more elegant solution ...........I find I always grab this when I need to get a quick analysis

Others will have their own favorites

I decided to go REAL Cheap. I purchased on eBay for $19 EDIAG YA201 OBD2 Scanner Mode 6 Mode 8 Live Data Automotive Engine Fault Creader.
Live Stream 5 graphs and does all 10 OBD no ABS, air bags. Released on Amazon Sep 29,2019

Ediag YA201

Hope it serves you well . ....... as I said everybody has their favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back