Supertech Syn now in 12qt boxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by volk06
Originally Posted by nickaluch
I wonder the weight of that box
Probably about 28 pounds.
Not possible, unless the packaging is ridiculously heavy, which is very unlikely, considering the price.

I'm not yet convinced this type packaging can be emptied as thoroughly as a plastic bottle, as easily.

Last edited:
So this is confirmed bag-in-a-box? Or 12 quarts?

I like bag in a box but if it's much more than havolines 6 quarts it's going to be a bear to pour from the top.

Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by volk06
Probably about 28 pounds.
Not possible, unless the packaging is ridiculously heavy, which is very unlikely, considering the price.

I'm not yet convinced this type packaging can be emptied as thoroughly as a plastic bottle, as easily.

Oil is 7-8 lbs/ gallon. 12 qts = 3 gallons so 21-24lbs. So volk06 isn't far off, depending on box weight, guessing 2 lbs.

Originally Posted by PimTac

A pint is a pound the world around.

That's water.

Is there a spout or a spigot to pour the oil? I'm trying to figure out how to lift a 24 pound box and then pour the oil through a funnel without making a very big mess

Originally Posted by JLTD
... Oil is 7-8 lbs/ gallon. 12 qts = 3 gallons so 21-24lbs. So volk06 isn't far off, depending on box weight, guessing 2 lbs. ...
7×3+2=23
23<28

Originally Posted by VQLT
Is there a spout or a spigot to pour the oil? I'm trying to figure out how to lift a 24 pound box and then pour the oil through a funnel without making a very big mess

Very good point here ^^^^^

Hopefully it has a spigot...

I boycotted the six quart box and will boycott the 12 quart box also.
Down Goes Havoline Box
Down Goes Supertech Box
Winner is Five Quart Jug..... by KO in the 1st Round.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Down Goes Havoline Box
Down Goes Supertech Box

Depends on what you're driving. If it's a 6 or 8 quart rig, it might be more frugal to load up on a 12 qt. box. Economics, man! ...

Originally Posted by Puckrobber
Down Goes Havoline Box
Down Goes Supertech Box

Depends on what you're driving. If it's a 6 or 8 quart rig, it might be more frugal to load up on a 12 qt. box. Economics, man! ...

Two five quart jugs then .... Easy Pour, man!
48.gif
I'd rather pay a few dollars more and display convenience/easiness of use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Puckrobber
Down Goes Havoline Box
Down Goes Supertech Box

Two five quart jugs then .... Easy Pour, man!
48.gif
I'd rather pay a few dollars more and display convenience/easiness of use.

Amen! It's all about the coin and convenience, baby!

Agreed. I haven't looked at a box of oil yet but you'd have to have an Old jug to measure what your putting in your car. I'll just use 5 quart jugs.

Down Goes Havoline Box
Down Goes Supertech Box

Spigot... just sit er on the shelf and dispense away! You could take the bag out towards the end to squeeze every last drop of oil and I'd just put the used oil in milk jugs for taking to the recycling. For measured dispensing, no need to make it complicated just use cleaned and dried out milk/water/SunnyD or old ATF/Coolant jugs.. or whatever. Use a sharpie to make hash marks on the jug side denoting qts 1, 2, 3 and so on. Easy peazy, lemon squeezy.....

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
You would likely need two milk jugs for recycling.
Instead, make sure to buy the XL laundry detergent jug or the XL fabric softener jug - rinse thoroughly and enjoy many / multiple reuses as a recycle container.

If you have cats, we use the big cat litter buckets for used oil storage.

They each hold about 15-20 quarts of used oil.

I take them to walmart and dump the bucket once a year, done.

Nice dispenser.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Spigot... just sit er on the shelf and dispense away! You could take the bag out towards the end to squeeze every last drop of oil and I'd just put the used oil in milk jugs for taking to the recycling. For measured dispensing, no need to make it complicated just use cleaned and dried out milk/water/SunnyD or old ATF/Coolant jugs.. or whatever. Use a sharpie to make hash marks on the jug side denoting qts 1, 2, 3 and so on. Easy peazy, lemon squeezy.....

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by tig1
Originally Posted by D1dad
Dumbest thing I've ever saw. Where do you dispose of the old oil? Only Walmart!

I think it's dumb that oil comes in a cardboard box.
thankyou2.gif

LOL isn't that what they said when wine started coming in a bag-in-box. Have you been in a liquor store lately? It's a boutique thing now
grin.gif

I saw this in walmart today, figured it was a case of individual quarts at a good price. Didn't realize I could buy that and pour out enough for a sip once in a while...LOL

Originally Posted by JustinH
If you have cats, we use the big cat litter buckets for used oil storage.

Thank God, I don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back