Quaker State Ultimate in 0W20

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

Anyone having trouble finding QSUD 0w20 ? Not impossible but difficult compared to most anything else.
Amazon out of stock . Wal-Mart has 2 qts. Available online . Target has it in stock but it's about 40 minutes away and it's all in 1 qt . Also I've noticed when I order it 0w20 specific I notice when I go to check out it's been changed to a 10W30 . Only parts store close to carry it is Advance Auto , it has to be ordered and it's $33.00 a gallon .
All other QS oils in all other weights are easy to obtain .Guess I'm in Hicksville or it's just in low quantities I assume . When time comes I'll drive to Target or go with something else . Thanks .

Buy something else or just use 5w-20. My Highlander calls for 0w20 and to only use 5w20 in an emergency. I think it will run fine for a long time on 5w20.

Originally Posted by gj
Anyone having trouble finding QSUD 0w20 ? Not impossible but difficult compared to most anything else.
Amazon out of stock . Wal-Mart has 2 qts. Available online . Target has it in stock but it's about 40 minutes away and it's all in 1 qt . Also I've noticed when I order it 0w20 specific I notice when I go to check out it's been changed to a 10W30 . Only parts store close to carry it is Advance Auto , it has to be ordered and it's $33.00 a gallon .
All other QS oils in all other weights are easy to obtain .Guess I'm in Hicksville or it's just in low quantities I assume . When time comes I'll drive to Target or go with something else . Thanks .

Pick another brand in 0w20 and buy it online from Walmart. If you purchase $35 worth of any products combined, you get free shipping.
At least that's how it was 6-7 weeks ago, when I ordered.
Choose from Castrol, Supertech, Mobil-1, Valvoline and Pennzoil. Then order a (hypothetical) 6pk of socks with it.

My local Walmarts always seem to have plenty of it.

Why not go with Pennzoil Platinum for a few bucks more or even Supertech for a couple bucks less if they are out of QSUD?

Browsing the oil section at my local Walmart yesterday I noticed the only Quaker State Ultimate durability they had was 5w20. Usually have lots of 0w20.

QSUD 0W-20 is the Holy Grail of oils in my area as well. No one has it with one exception. There is a Walmart about 25 miles away that always has a good supply in stock. Makes no sense that it is the only available source. Regardless as to how good QS is and as others have said, too many other good choices to stress or go to extra effort to obtain QSUD. My vehicles have been seeing a more steady diet of Magnatec lately.

Last edited:
My local AZ had QSUD 0W20 until they clearanced it for $2/qt in Dec. Now all the $2 qts are sitting in my garage! I have not seen the QSUD 0W20 in stores since then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Tundra73
Browsing the oil section at my local Walmart yesterday I noticed the only Quaker State Ultimate durability they had was 5w20. Usually have lots of 0w20.

Worst time to shop oils at Walmart is weekends.
Best time to shop is one day after semi with oil departs from store and grocery workers replenish store shelves. My closest store replenish is Tuesday. 2nd closest store is Wednesday.

Find out what day your closest store restocks it's oil shelves. You want to arrive that evening, or the very next day. Some of the brands will not have backroom backstock. When the shelf supply runs out, that means that small spot on the shelf remains empty until the next early week. I've witnessed empty spots on oil shelves that remained empty for 4-5 days. I'm talking 4-5qt jugs.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Tundra73

Worst time to shop oils at Walmart is weekends.
Best time to shop is one day after semi with oil departs from store and grocery workers replenish store shelves. My closest store replenish is Tuesday. 2nd closest store is Wednesday.

Find out what day your closest store restocks it's oil shelves. You want to arrive that evening, or the very next day. Some of the brands will not have backroom backstock. When the shelf supply runs out, that means that small spot on the shelf remains empty until the next early week. I've witnessed empty spots on oil shelves that remained empty for 4-5 days. I'm talking 4-5qt jugs.

Wal Mart closest to me hardly restocks anything. Better yet, I shop ALDI's and Rural King; way better prices and nice and clean store inside. But, I have over 100 quarts 0w20/5w20 QSUD from Autozone blowout
grin2.gif

From the 2020 Chevy Silverado owners manual for the 5.3 and 6.2 liter engines, 0w20 Dexos motor oil is required. ( yeah, I know, lots will be running either 5w20 or 5w30).
smile.gif

Last edited:
If there is none on the shelf at Wally World, have then check the computer. There may be more in the back.
Or, click click click on your laptop and you will have it in 2 days.

Out of all of the major brands, at my WalMart they have all of it except for Mobil 1 EP 0W20.

In Virginia's climate no difference in cold weather performance between 0w-20 or 5w-20.... though in warmer weather the 5w will be better....even 10w-30. Pennzoil Plat in the same grades is the same or better. And the factory rebates with the Pennzoil are usually better.

Just out of coincidence I was looking at the Quaker State website the other day. Where are the kitematic viscosities at 40 C and 100 C for several Quaker State oils in cSt.

Kv40 Kv100

0w20 44.6 8.3
5w20 46.8 8.4
5w30 66.7 11.6
10w30 67.1 10.8
5w40 75.7 12.8

Enjoy
smile.gif

Last edited:
You could go Rotella Gas Truck 0w20. Rebate on that now. It looks like stores and suppliers are underestimating the demand for 0w20 as they don't understand more and more vehicles are coming on our roads everyday, requiring 0w20.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Is there a difference in base oil quality between the qsud 0W20 and 5W20?

What I "learned" here is most 0w20 oils are synthetic, but there can be few that are "blends"

I thought you are using QSUD in your car already
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back