M1 0W40, 5k miles, '07 4Runner 4.7

Seems to be doing great!

[Linked Image]

Previous thread: here

Last edited:
Boring. Just what I'd expect to see on a 4.7 Toyota! That thing will run indefinitely. Great autobox behind it, too. Aisin A750. Same unit as I have in my Tacoma with 225K. Runs like it did the day I bought it new in 2007.

The only TBN I did was back in 2015, but I would suspect it to be similar. I've been doing 5k oil changes and this is the longest I've gone at 18 months. Having a second car it going to throw a wrench into my normal OCI since I'll be driving it less. I don't know if I'll get 5k in the next two years on the 4R. The Mustang will be another story as I plan on taking it on road trips and it has an OLM (still under warranty, too, so I have to change it when it says to).

That is a very good report.

I assume all the previous UOAs were M1 0W40 too?

Good engine and a good oil.

I bought the truck in 2013 with 46700, a one owner vehicle. I actually flew to Las Vegas to pick it up since these V8s were snapped up very quickly. I have only used M1 0W40 and I don't know what was used before then.

lol @chinee I can help it! I have a very short commute to work which is about a 12 mile round trip. The 5.0 I acquired last year will be getting more miles as it will be my road trip choice...let alone it's just more fun to drive!

Update after 2500k and 22 months on the same oil. Obviously don't drive it as much since I got the 5.0 GT! I DID change it due to the oil being there that long and it was the halfway mark between the normal 5k interval.

1640320793745.png

That's pretty darn impressive for 2,500,000 miles on an OCI !!!

Seriously, though, it would have been OK for a while longer. Wear is low, contamination is low. Nothing but good news there. That's always been one of my favorite engines; had one in my 2001 Tundra.

Back