10W-40 Mobil 1 Racing 4t

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched and found several threads about using a motorcycle oil in a mower engine. I don't see it being an issue. I'm wondering if anyone has done it on a regular basis? I have a Kawasaki FR691 and a Honda 400ex that I'd like to use the same oil in. Just trying to keep it simple. If I buy a case of the 10-40 I can change the oil in both. OR buy 3 quarts of separate oil and have a half quart of each left over. Any experience or reasons for or against are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I have run amsoil mct for several years in my kawasaki FR651v which is almost the same as yours. No issues ran great. Lately i've been running delo 15w40 as i can get it at wal mart.

I run amsoil HDD in my generators.

Real world experience. I may not be able to get the Amsoil but it'll be synthetic and motorcycle oil just the same. I understand it cost more but I'll only change them both once a year. (God willing lol)

Thank you Spasm!

The mct is amsoil motorcycle oil in 10w40.

I think any synthetic MC oil will do great in it, probably overkill but i've done it! Rotella t-6 would probably work well too.

Last edited:
I run 10W40 4T in a ZRX1200 that's been modified with pistons, ZZR1200 cams, ZZR 1200 carbs, etc to around 145 horses at the rear wheel. Basically stays in grade and shift quality remains consistent for a 5,000 mile oci.

Go for it and stick with it it'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back