Cut unbranded quick lube filter kia/hyundai application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbranded quick lube filter from my 2008 Kia Spectra.
In service 8 months and 3000 miles according to lube sticker. No issues noted, decent looking filter.

20200201_194745.jpg

20200201_194759.jpg

20200201_194752.jpg

20200201_194806.jpg

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
You never ask the Quick Lube service tech what oil and filter they use?
The used oil is still amber @ 3K.

This was my grandmothers car that bought from her in September when she gave up driving at 92 years old.
I usually did the maintenance on it with Amsoil OE 5w30 and a Wix filter, as it usually only got driven 3000 miles a year, but my cousin borrowed the car for a couple months when his transmission went out, so he had it changed at a quick lube, I think it was a local "Service Pro", and knowing my cousin, I'm sure he didnt spring for any upgrades, so I'm guessing "service Pro" branded bulk conventional.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I think thats a champion labs filter

Probably a Premium Guard one like the ones work uses/d

I have met several sales reps with 350,000 + miles on their Camrys running quick lube oil and filters.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Cronk: what oil and filter went back in and on? Thank You kindly
smile.gif

Nice cut and post BTW
smile.gif

This filter was taken off in September when I got the car.
Amsoil OE 5w30 and a Wix filter went in/on.

Will be changing again next week with Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 and an Amsoil filter.
Car has 177k miles.

Originally Posted by CT8
I have met several sales reps with 350,000 + miles on their Camrys running quick lube oil and filters.

Camry's sure are reliable.

Seven years ago we inherited Grandma's 10 year-old car @25K on the odometer. She was also 92-1/2 at the time and couldn't drive anymore. Macular Degeneration.
RIP Busia! She did make it to 100 years-old.

Looks ok. Jobber filter and I'd speculate likely with a China coo. Been seeing a few 3k mi oci/fci c&ps recently. One would think most any filter should/would be able to handle that fci. Otoh, recent RA Ultra Power posted here shows there are exceptions.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back