crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Msrp Ruger SR22. $439.00
Msrp Glock. 44. $430.00

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by bradepb
Took the G44 to the range today and it was flawless and very accurate. Remington golden bullet , CCI, Federal Automatch, Federal Stingers. No failures in 150 rounds so a good start. I like it a lot, sights are adjustable but were dead on.

Great! I'll likely pick one of these up when they get them to a 15 round capacity, or at least something more than 10. There has to be room in there for more, right?

Glock says the reason for ten rounds is there top priority was reliability a single stack for rimfire ammo is the most reliable.

I can see that, but I've got a GSG 1911-22 and put new followers in the mags making them 14 rounders. They run flawlessly. So, it can be done. I read somewhere that they would later offer increased capacity.

Still, neat gun. I'd love to shoot one.

Yep, the TX22 has a 16rd mag which works excellent too

Originally Posted by George Bynum
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
$360 for a 22 pistol?

Yeah, I know it seems inexpensive compared to a S&W 41 or Ruger Mark IV, but for those who like Glocks, it is a new product for their safe.

A basic/standard Ruger Mark IV isn't any cheaper (MSRP $449). Pretty hard to find any .22LR semi-auto pistol these days for under $300 unless it's on some super sale.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/198817

Took the G44 to the range today and it was flawless and very accurate. Remington golden bullet , CCI, Federal Automatch, Federal Stingers. No failures in 150 rounds so a good start. I like it a lot, sights are adjustable but were dead on.

Great! I'll likely pick one of these up when they get them to a 15 round capacity, or at least something more than 10. There has to be room in there for more, right?

The problem isn't mag capacity, it's the shape of the .22 brass with the rim. 10 rounds must be the max for reliable function without curving the mag.

$360 for a 22 pistol?
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

What's a brick go for these days? $20, $25? Wonder if this is small beans relative to the price of the ammo it will digest over its lifetime.

$360 for a 22 pistol?
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

The Beretta 87 Cheetah was north of $800 when they were last imported, and worth every penny. A real pistol, just chambered in .22LR.

Some .22's are cheap. Some aren't.

Originally Posted by hatt
Glock 44 should have been in .44 Automag.

when i read the title, i thought it would be a 44 cal also...
it is a cool looking hand gun though.

.357 would be sweet, but recoil on short barrel may be a leetle much for some, just thinking out loud.

Given there are pistols, even in .22LR for every price point, application and desire, I don't see $360 as startling for a Glock.
There are semi-custom race guns in .22LR going for well north of $1K. I've shot some; they're lovely. Can't justify buying 'em on my salary or for my shooting ... but that doesn't mean they're not sweet. Heck, the S&W Performance shop will sell you a Victory Target Model for north of $800.
Beretta 70s and 71s weren't $800, but they're weren't cheap in their day and not cheap today when you can find 'em, and some people thought highly of 'em, including the Mossad and Israeli air marshals.
The little Beretta 21A is just a double-action mouse gun that still goes for $350 or upward. It's a tough and neat little gun that's a lot of fun, as long as you can find one with a decent trigger.
In revolvers, there's a used S&W Model 17s and 18s guys are delighted to nab at $500 and up.
Horses for courses.
Or put another way, you can get the job done on Old Milwaukee or Sam Adams ... but some of it's about what you're looking for along the way.

Glock will sell all they can make for a while. There aren't getting into the $200 gun game.

quick update on my G44. I now am at over 400 rounds of various ammo without any failures of any kind. I was really expecting to find it preferred certain ammo but so far everything runs well and are equally accurate. This gun is a lot of fun.

i don't own even one glock, but if glock had offered its 22lr pistol in the smaller glock 42 (380acp) platform i would go for it. a reliable, small 22lr pistol is always welcome.

Looks like Glock is having issues with these. Several of them have locked up and actually blown up the slide. Typical Glock using customers as Beta testers.

Originally Posted by JasonC
Looks like Glock is having issues with these. Several of them have locked up and actually blown up the slide. Typical Glock using customers as Beta testers.

Agreed although I think Sig is the clear leader in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back