Hyundai Expands Warranty Coverage to Add Free Maintenance 3yrs/36k mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
This brand continues to up the ante...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30677698/hyundai-warranty-complimentary-maintenance/

Screenshot_20200201-151921_Google News.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-152032_Google News.jpg

Brilliant move. 2 - 3 times a year for the first three years, they can find all kinds of things the "service" while they are doing the oil changes.

One last big service at 30K miles involving the transmission, brakes, power steering, cooling system, A/C, cabin air filter (not included in "filters"), headlight and blinker fluid.
smile.gif

They will certainly not lost money on this deal. ~ $30/car/visit to implement with potential high profit items to add on. Price of the car I'm sure is adjusted to include this maintenance cost. No free lunch.

Last edited:
i bought 2 hyundais last year for my kids. a tucson anfd ioniq. both 2019. got a great discounts on them both. i spoke to my sales guy recently and he said that 2/1 was going to be an interesting day. They will be instituting new dealer compensation packages . told me the management does not like it at all.

So far i have not really seen the discounts of last year this year. they seem to be holding fast on pricing . i got the tucson for $6400 off msrp and the ioniq $5500.

Hyundais been hitting some home runs lately with the Palisades and a couple of others. they seem to be getting more aggressive in chasing after honda and toyota. this maintaninace program will compete with toyota care .

hyundai-america's worst warranty.

what your radio died at 2 years and 1 month.. so sorry not covered

What your transmission isnt shifting right because there is a short in the overdrive button... sorry not covered..

That said did pickup a 2020 elantra "value edition" so named for the large amount of options included at a value price..
sticker 21850 paid 15400? + TTL (from memory)

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Dealerships love finding a way to get foot traffic in their showrooms, this type of thinking is very cost effective.

Actually the dealers probably aren't happy because corporate reimbursement rates probably aren't as good as customers paying directly and if things are included, probably harder to up sell on worthless stuff like engine flushes or special additives.

^ToyotaCare paid $60-something bucks in labor for my free oil change.

OP- I suggest changing the name of your topic to avoid being click bait. They didn't change anything regarding the warranty, just added a maintenance program.

3 years scheduled maintenance is big news for consumers, and hopefully we can expect some well maintained off lease vehicles in a few years!

Originally Posted by buddylpal
OP- I suggest changing the name of your topic to avoid being click bait. They didn't change anything regarding the warranty, just added a maintenance program.

3 years scheduled maintenance is big news for consumers, and hopefully we can expect some well maintained off lease vehicles in a few years!

I never wrote "changed".
I just c/p the article headline and added the mileage/time.

My dealer has been offering free oil changes for a lifetime and free tire rotations also. They also guarantee the engine for as long as you own it.
But no free air filters.

I think this is to get people in the habit of going to the dealership for service as long as they own the vehicle, then sell you a replacement when needed. This would only happen if Hyundai, not the customer comes out on top most of the time.

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I think this is to get people in the habit of going to the dealership for service as long as they own the vehicle, then sell you a replacement when needed. This would only happen if Hyundai, not the customer comes out on top most of the time.

That is their end game.
Originally Posted by 2010Civic
It's just a couple free oil changes. Not much to do on a car up to 36k.

That is essentially correct, but still nice.

Originally Posted by Rand

What your transmission isnt shifting right because there is a short in the overdrive button... sorry not covered..

That said did pickup a 2020 elantra "value edition" so named for the large amount of options included at a value price..

The warranty booklet shows that the radio, nav, and Bluetooth system is covered for 5 years/60k.

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
It's just a couple free oil changes. Not much to do on a car up to 36k.

If they are still recommending 3,750 service service oil changes it is is around 9 oil changes to get you to 36K.

In my case dealership overfilled my Elantra when changing FF. Drive time to and back to dealership 45 minutes. To get an oil change with free car wash over one hour. The past 3 years I spent less time with better oil doing all the required oil changes.

Originally Posted by Rand

No time for any of that stuff. Too busy with that assembly line of warranty engines all going in at the speed of a NASCAR event by ham handed mechanics. They're just hoping gimmicks will gloss over the ongoing Theta 2 engine debacle. They don't even use synthetic oil for those oil changes , the couple I saw , got were 5-30 semi syn.
Also never forget that bargain price comes straight back at you when you decide to trade. 💸💸💸💸💸 ...¢....

Keeps people coming back to the dealership. Plus I think it makes for better documentation for CPO and used cars--lets the dealership charge top dollar when the car gets traded in.

And I'm quite sure this really isn't "free".
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back