Mobil 0w20 AFE, 6,000 miles, ‘18 Honda Odyssey(4th UOA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my UOA and thank goodness the wear metals went down. The fill before this was Rotella Gas Truck 0w20 that saw 2,000 miles(3rd UOA) of towing in the mountains. But the Odyssey of this analysis was driven normally, no towing or any high engine loads. The only thing that I changed was the air filter, I switched back to Fram as it was AEM dryflo before that. Also, this is a Mobil AFE 0w20.

I know there's a lot of factors, but I believe that the 2,000 mile trip with towing attributed to the high wear metals on the previous UOA with RTG 0w20.

Here's a link of the previous UOA with all the high metal spike: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-3-5-di-rotella-gt-tgmo-0w20-8-144-miles

3545682A-2036-4569-B1CE-72682E7131A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bud_One
Is this the PFI engine or the GDI engine ?

GDI. Honda Earthdreams 3.5 V6.

Thanks for posting this... I just recently purchased a 2020 Pilot with the GDI earth dreams 3.5 as well.

The GDI and the VCM had me worrying , but all considered your report shows that I don't need to worry about this engine as much as I thought.

Originally Posted by Bud_One
Thanks for posting this... I just recently purchased a 2020 Pilot with the GDI earth dreams 3.5 as well.

The GDI and the VCM had me worrying , but all considered your report shows that I don't need to worry about this engine as much as I thought.

You're welcome and Congrats! We just acquired a 2020 E-XL Pilot AWD, too.

Last edited:
The 1st and 2nd fill was TGMO 0w20, and 3rd was a RTG 0w20.

My port-injected J35 (in the pickup) was showing 2 ppm of aluminum at this mileage, with ~7,300 miles on AFE 0W20. Doubtless our driving patterns are different, but I wonder whether Honda's DI system is a significant factor in the difference.
21.gif

I'm not sure if it has an oil cooler. The only mod I did to the van is the VCMuzzler. But yeah, made me curious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back