Pulled the trigger on a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a one owner 2006 Hyundai accent manual transmission with 92,000 miles for $2900 runs great body is pretty clean interior is immaculate.
This week I am replacing worn stabilizer bushings and the timing belt and hardware along with drive belts and spark plugs. It should be a good little car for plenty of miles to come.

received_651438358993429.jpeg

They have 2010's going for 3k here.

With timing belt done.

Might want to check the struts they are usually done around 100k miles..

These cars were around 10-11k new.

Originally Posted by Rand
They have 2010's going for 3k here.

With timing belt done.

Might want to check the struts they are usually done around 100k miles..

These cars were around 10-11k new.

Not around here. Everything in the price range has between 160-220,000 miles and it's earlier 2000's. The market around here has really gone to heck in the last year or so.
Timing belt looks like it could go awhile but since I don't know when it was done I just assume do it to be safe.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Good Luck!
How does it feel/drive compared to the Rabbit it replaces?

Rabbit was faster for sure. The accent has more room for my knees which is nice. But it's definitely a more basic car. The vw was more of a driver's car this car is more of a simple frugal appliance.

I can't recall exactly what year it was, but a while back we had a new rental Accent that was maybe a couple of years newer and I hated that AT. In Eco mode, it seemed to downshift as soon as you got going, completely ignoring the accelerator position. It was a little better with Eco mode turned off, but not by much.

Good on you for going MT!

You found something in your price range. No way would I drive that penalty box on 5 hour round trips 1-2 times monthly with wife and baby and leave a newer bigger safer car at home but that's me. Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
You found something in your price range. No way would I drive that penalty box on 5 hour round trips 1-2 times monthly with wife and baby and leave a newer bigger safer car at home but that's me. Good luck with it.

If you're referring to the Dart in his sig, I'd actually rather drive the Accent. It's not that much smaller, but they don't drive as small as they are. Dart's are just... well awful. In my opinion. Very twitchy, noisy, and generally uncomfortable. No offense to the OP

Originally Posted by ram_man
Good Luck!

Rabbit was faster for sure. The accent has more room for my knees which is nice. But it's definitely a more basic car. The vw was more of a driver's car this car is more of a simple frugal appliance.

I'm surprised about the knee comment. Our rabbit was very comfortable for me, while rental accents, while ok, are more cramped.

We got rid of our accent because with a second kid on the way, my wife (5ft9) and I (6ft4) would be uncomfortable due to the need to push the front seats forward to accommodate a rear facing child seat and a rear facing baby bucket. The accent I'd suspect is smaller. Have you verified that it will be reasonably comfortable?

If you fit fine, great! Just hope you did the test so in three months you're not shopping, again.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Originally Posted by AZjeff

If you're referring to the Dart in his sig, I'd actually rather drive the Accent. It's not that much smaller, but they don't drive as small as they are. Dart's are just... well awful. In my opinion. Very twitchy, noisy, and generally uncomfortable. No offense to the OP

Ive had dart rentals and accent rentals. The dart headlight stood out as especially horrible, but I really liked the car oversll.

Accent was ok, but op recognizes it's a small frugal appliance. Seems like the upkeep will be done and good service will come of it.

I thought you were looking for a family car? An Accent is more of an econobox.. JHZR2 makes a good point about baby seats... thats why i got a venza, with the crazy oversized baby seats (no clue why in 2020 they are still so bulky...) but im 6ft6.. so.. i guess it depends on you. Good luck, hope it works out

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by ram_man
Good Luck!

I'm surprised about the knee comment. Our rabbit was very comfortable for me, while rental accents, while ok, are more cramped.

We got rid of our accent because with a second kid on the way, my wife (5ft9) and I (6ft4) would be uncomfortable due to the need to push the front seats forward to accommodate a rear facing child seat and a rear facing baby bucket. The accent I'd suspect is smaller. Have you verified that it will be reasonably comfortable?

If you fit fine, great! Just hope you did the test so in three months you're not shopping, again.

The rabbit my knee hit the dash it's a common thing for me. Where as the accent has the gap in between the dash and the bottom half were it meets thd console area so you have that dead air space on the accent so I prefer that. For the same reason I love 7th gen and older civic dash boards.
Also on the rabbit I had to wear my tennis shoes to drive it I couldn't wear my cowboy boots or I was hitting both pedals and getting my feet hung up.

But overall I enjoyed the rabbit very much. It was a joy to own and drive.
The accent isn't a Lexus by any means but it's not uncomfortable for me.
The dart headlights are awful even with better bulbs they are Terrible. As far as comfort the dart is comfortable. I have no real complaints with the interior of the dart. The accent is a cheaper car for sure it kind of reminds me of my old Saturn's crank windows and locks. It's basic! But I'm ok with that. I'm going to use it and take care of it and it'll serve the purpose needed.

So far my biggest complaint with the car is the gearing. So I used to complain about the single overhead cam Saturn's having to tall of a 5th gear so it had no power. This is the exact opposite it pulls great in 5th but revs high going down the highway. They should have gave it a 6the gear o/d or make 5th a little taller. Al in all though it's not bad and it'll serve the purpose. As far as the back seat room goes it's not much different than the dart.
Most of the time ill have only 2 kids with me anyway. The baby and my 9yr old. So the accent is practical for that and when needed it can haul 5 people around. I figure for the miles I should be able to get a decent amount of miles out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back