Opinions Mobil/Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota Tundra. 10,000 mile OCI. Money nor connivence is an issue. Mostly Hwy driving. Arkansas weather.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20 or Toyota Genuine Motor Oil 0w20?

Originally Posted by nascarnation
Those are stout engines. Your duty cycle is easy. Does Toyota have an OLM system? If so, accept the value of it.
My 2017 is just a mileage counter.

I ran 0W-20 TGMO and EP in my 4-cyl Tacoma, each with a UOA. There wasn't much difference between the 2. Granted it's not the same engine as yours.

I know you said money is not a concern, but I think EP is probably better oil to be had cheaper than TGMO.

Either will be fine for 10k
smile.gif

TGMO is more like Mobil Super Synthetic

Whatever is cheaper. Ive run both with no issue. To be honest, id go M1 AFE or Pennzoil Ultra 0w20 first. Just personal preference. Im using TGMO on my venza and pennz plat on my corolla.

2 oil changes on RGT, can't say that a oil has literally changed certain aspects and characteristics for the good as this oil has. I know I sound like a fanboy, but good dose of moly...and test came back that I could of went 14,000 k no prob. Mind you I use 6oz of archoil, but even before added, sound...smoothness, mpg all positive.

Any recent Toyota voa? I recall Gokhan saying the moly has gone way down!
Old TGMO had lots of moly.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Any recent Toyota voa? I recall Gokhan saying the moly has gone way down!
Old TGMO had lots of moly.

I have used Toyota 0w20 since late 2015, in a 2015 Lexus is250. I do believe the moly has gone way up. Order for local pickup at a Toyota dealer, $31 with tax for a case of 6 quart. I like OEM oil and filter for my cars, my yz oil filter is $4. 7 quart capacity(6.8 actually) so DIY $40 per change. 50,000 on odometer and do 5k OCI for conditions of where I live and how the car is used, short trips, dusty roads etc... I love TGMO, but that's pure anecdotal evidence and feel goods for me, no science whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back