Nytro chaincase oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics please.
laugh.gif

I just bought it last night. 2007 with 2070kms on it. It like new. I'm just going to change all the fluids in it today.

I've been using Redline heavy shockproof in my Doo chaincases, '09 & '13 1200's for several years. OEM is thin stuff like ATF . No issues, '09 has 9k miles on it now. There is reverse coupler wear issues in the these sleds went to the Redline to maybe limit the wear. So far, so good.

Originally Posted by repairman54
I've been using Redline heavy shockproof in my Doo chaincases, '09 & '13 1200's for several years. OEM is thin stuff like ATF . No issues, '09 has 9k miles on it now. There is reverse coupler wear issues in the these sleds went to the Redline to maybe limit the wear. So far, so good.

What viscosity of Redline were you using as they have many viscosity grades?

Most Chaincase oils are 10.5 cSt@100C, which is an SAE 75W80 in gear lube terms.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by repairman54

Most Chaincase oils are 10.5 cSt@100C, which is an SAE 75W80 in gear lube terms.

So M1 75W90 won't be that much thicker?

Originally Posted by FastLane
Originally Posted by MolaKule
[

So M1 75W90 won't be that much thicker?

That was the viscosity at 100C and 5 cSt can make a difference. Check the cold temp viscosities at 40C and 0C and below where it can make a huge difference.

Another point is that engine oils do not have the same AW additive levels as do chaincase oils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back