‘16 Lexus GS350 vs ‘16 Lexus RX350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble but there's many other attributes to performance than simply 0-60 times.
It's all about balance of several factors and not only focusing on one aspect such as acceleration.
Oh and nobody is humbling me in my RWD is350, especially not those in a bmw, honda, Mazduh etc.

Lol,ok

The is350f is barely faster and barely handles better than my cx5 suv. This article sums it up best when compared to its bmw counterpart

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15093371/2017-lexus-is350-f-sport-rwd-test-review/
Nonetheless, the less powerful BMW 330i wipes the floor with the IS at the track.

The Lexus is a darn fine ride, but it's not performance oriented in any sense. 0-60 is 0.2 faster than my mazda suv, and skidpad is 0.05g better...with a lot less ride height. Braking is actually WORSE in the is350f. So yeah, my cx5 is pretty good comp for you 350is F below about 80mph. A BMW sedan? Hah! Can barely handle mazda SUV, and doesnt have as good of brakes. Ain't no way you're going to hold a candle to the Audi or BMW equivalent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble but there's many other attributes to performance than simply 0-60 times.
It's all about balance of several factors and not only focusing on one aspect such as acceleration.
Oh and nobody is humbling me in my RWD is350, especially not those in a bmw, honda, Mazduh etc.

Lol,ok

The is350f is barely faster and barely handles better than my cx5 suv. This article sums it up best when compared to its bmw counterpart

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15093371/2017-lexus-is350-f-sport-rwd-test-review/
Nonetheless, the less powerful BMW 330i wipes the floor with the IS at the track.

The Lexus is a darn fine ride, but it's not performance oriented in any sense. 0-60 is 0.2 faster than my mazda suv, and skidpad is 0.05g better...with a lot less ride height. Braking is actually WORSE in the is350f. So yeah, my cx5 is pretty good comp for you 350is F below about 80mph. A BMW sedan? Hah! Can barely handle mazda SUV, and doesnt have as good of brakes. Ain't no way you're going to hold a candle to the Audi or BMW equivalent.

Where does any of this come into play in the real world? Few people push their vehicles anywhere close to the limits.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by miden851

so how much did they change the car between '13 vs '16, let alone esthetics?

The 2013 GS350 used the 6 speed AT, 2014 on used the 8 speed, except AWD which continued to use the 6 speed.
Some say the 8 speed hunts more for the right gear.

The GS had incremental improvements such as retractable side mirrors, LED lights, etc.
2016 was the refresh; many say the suspension was softened somewhat.
The refresh included a new dash speedo, etc.

The GS is a bit outdated; it is due for an update. In fact, it is certainly possible the GS line will be discontinued.
Sales numbers probably do not justify building the car. I am not sure the GS is sold in Europe; I think the ES replaced it...
But I can tell you our car, a loaded 2013 GS350 F Sport, is a great car.
If something happened to mine I would get another tomorrow.

Lexus owners are rabid about their cars (2nd only to Tesla owners).
There is a reason for it.

Thanks for the valuable information sir.

Honestly, I'm not keen on looks of the ‘16 model; I think yours look way better, pre facelift; however I was sold on the steering wheel design and the gauge cluster with F package, you know the one with LFA design

I'll explore few more cars beside Lexuses I'm interested in, so in the end get one that fits my needs the most, with color, features and reasonable price

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by Ws6

Lol,ok

Where does any of this come into play in the real world? Few people push their vehicles anywhere close to the limits.

I think his response is pretty appropriate given the text he's responding to. An M5 is going to to decimate an is350 in every possible way, its balance of everything is of a significantly higher calibre than what the is350 brings to the table. That doesn't make the is350 less of an excellent product, but it does make some of what's being claimed here come off a bit...odd
21.gif

Originally Posted by Ws6

Lol,ok

This is true. Practically its equal to my mazda SUV, lol! Maybe worse because it lacks the low end torque for daily driving that I have.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I think his response is pretty appropriate given the text he's responding to. An M5 is going to to decimate an is350 in every possible way, its balance of everything is of a significantly higher calibre than what the is350 brings to the table. That doesn't make the is350 less of an excellent product, but it does make some of what's being claimed here come off a bit...odd
21.gif

Dude, a 3 series 330i slaughters it. An m5? Lolol!

Originally Posted by Ws6

21.gif

I mean, it was pretty open-ended with just "BMW"
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Ws6

21.gif

I mean, it was pretty open-ended with just "BMW"
lol.gif

Right? I picked the little 4 cylinder, 4 door sedan to compare.

Honda accord 2.0 is also gonna kill that Lexus 350isF in handling, braking, and acceleration.

I have no idea how one could consider a Lexus to be performance oriented short of the more exotic versions, and even those come across as numbed down and slowed up BMW m4 competitors for an older or more reserved customer. The 350is F performs more similarly to my mazda SUV than it does entry level sedans from the Germans.

This!

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
2013 GS350 F Sport. The Tesla and RX are in the garage. Tundra is in front of the GS.

Supreme!

And that's the vehicle I'll be replacing; it served me well over the years. After my purchase it will go to my dad because his ‘00 Camry is having elderly mechanical problems, currently at 305k miles
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by miden851
And that's the vehicle I'll be replacing; it served me well over the years. After my purchase it will go to my dad because his ‘00 Camry is having elderly mechanical problems, currently at 305k miles

Everybody wins! Just right...

I've been looking at the 2016 RX350 lately - wife needs a new suv - and I must say, I do love the new interior design over the previous models...looks like you're in a cockpit...sporty, modern, well done. I like the aggressive front of the vehicle and the overall design.

Being a direct injected engine, I went to the forums to see about oil consumption/mechanical problems. Didn't see much, but these things are still pretty new.

Originally Posted by Railrust
I've been looking at the 2016 RX350 lately - wife needs a new suv - and I must say, I do love the new interior design over the previous models...looks like you're in a cockpit...sporty, modern, well done. I like the aggressive front of the vehicle and the overall design.

Being a direct injected engine, I went to the forums to see about oil consumption/mechanical problems. Didn't see much, but these things are still pretty new.

My 2019 RX has the D-4S fuel injection system which combines DI and PI....pretty sure the 2016's had this as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by ford46guy

My 11 is an excellent vehicle (dependability wise) but the ABS is horrible in the snow. I don't think its the tires, but it may be.

The more "integrated" Toyota ABS/ESP systems such as VDIM that's used in their hybrid SUVs and the IS/GS as well as the Prius/CT-specific deployment tend to be touchier than their normal systems. At least you can disable the newer Lexus VDIM implentations.

Toyota also has a knack for installing mediocre OEM tires too.

I looked again at the tires and they are down to 4-5/32" with little siping, an off brand. They feel hard too.
BUT, I did do this experiment. I activated the parking brake and stopping improved somewhat. Also threshold braking helps. The ABS is making things worse.
That leads me to believe the abs calibration isn't right, or you need good tires. For example, I can say the the older Lincoln ABS seems to have more "common sense" with the ABS in snow.
With the 4x4 system it seems to always get going in snow mode (with vdim kicking in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back