TSLA at 52 week high

what is going on with this craziness? I don't do individual stocks no more after getting burnt from 1998-2000 era. So for me, this is just pure entertainment when it shoots up to moon or crashes hard. I just watch in awe.

Almost hit $600 today; closed at $569. Up $22. On fire. Some Analysts say TSLA could trade for $1,100 to $1,700 by 2025. $800 by EOY 2020.

Read an interesting comment on EV's from an industry insider. He basically said that BEV's will never be profitable until battery technology develops in a way which would allow it to be used in other areas of the economy. He wasn't talking about the re-purposing of old batteries but demand for new batteries in non-automotive sectors. The addition of non-automotive customers would ultimately lower battery costs which currently account for the majority of the manufacturing cost of a BEV.

Basically batteries must be viewed like oil.

Has Tesla crashed yet? Tonight is the big night. Has anybody shorted it yet? I bet in 50 years, the Tesla will be bankrupt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Vikas
Has Tesla crashed yet? Tonight is the big night. Has anybody shorted it yet? I bet in 50 years, the Tesla will be bankrupt.

Shorts are like $14.5B right now.
In January alone, $2.8B was written off.

That darn Elon! He just doesn't get it!
FYI, TSLA is over $580 today; analysts say stock is flying to Mars.

$620 after market trading! Why didn't I buy the stock rather than buying the car? I could have retired with that money :)

I miss all those naysayers. It used to be fun when they were active. I get the feeling that they must have jumped off the ledge.

Last edited:
$620 after market trading! Why didn't I buy the stock rather than buying the car? I could have retired with that money :)

I miss all those naysayers. It used to be fun when they were active. I get the feeling that they must have jumped off the ledge.

I bought 1,000 shares at $30.
Well, I thought about it... Sheesh!

Vikas, I think you know the guy who brought the "unintended acceleration" issue to the NHTSA was a TSLA short seller... Ha!

My complaint with Tesla is random unintended deceleration under autopilot.

The problem with buying individual stock is that you have to have exit price in mind. There no way I would be holding from 30 to 600 unless it was less than 1% of my portfolio. You probably satisfy the 2nd criteria :)

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Shorts are like $14.5B right now.
In January alone, $2.8B was written off.

That darn Elon! He just doesn't get it!
FYI, TSLA is over $580 today; analysts say stock is flying to Mars.

Well there's also a few that say it's on its way to 240. Sure is taking the long way to get there.

Anyway this could also be the short squeeze where the shorts are getting out so the price goes up as they buy to cover their positions.

Enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Anyway this could also be the short squeeze where the shorts are getting out so the price goes up as they buy to cover their positions.

Enjoy the ride.

Exactly right. Covering shorts is part of the buying spree. And it hurts...
Same for the Apple short sellers; they are getting beat up as well.
Tesla is the #2 shorted stock after Apple.

That darn Elon...

Let's see.. $650 today? Up another $65 from previous close?
Short sellers lost $1B this morning.

Yes, they are smelling blood in the water; it is their own.

Model Y will start production in March with 315 to 350 mile range; a nice bump from 280.
This will be the biggest seller.

Last edited:
It will most likely decimate RDX and RX sales. X1, X3 and Q3 sales numbers would be noise. It might start eating at CRV and RAV4 too but they won't take too much hit. Those other would see 30-40% decline

Because it that does NOT happen, the stock goes back to 200!

It will most likely decimate RDX and RX sales. X1, X3 and Q3 sales numbers would be noise. It might start eating at CRV and RAV4 too but they won't take too much hit. Those other would see 30-40% decline

I'm gonna short TSLA today!

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

I'm gonna short TSLA today!

Smart man!

You'll probably make more when it goes down to 240 than when it was at around $420 just over a month ago when this thread started.

I think the wall street sentiment was that there were more bears than bulls on the stock. Some bulls were saying 800 and the bears of course down to 240 and a bunch of neutrals too.

This reminds me of bitcoin a little, they said it was going to go down to $1 when it was in the 3k range but now it's back up to about 9.5k.

I should not respond to my own reply but I realized that Model 3 has indeed taken sales from many Civics, Accord and Camry owners. Y could give enough headache to CRV/RAV4 numbers. If that happens, our Jeff is going to be very sorry for his (allegedly) short position :)

I should not respond to my own reply but I realized that Model 3 has indeed taken sales from many Civics, Accord and Camry owners. Y could give enough headache to CRV/RAV4 numbers. If that happens, our Jeff is going to be very sorry for his (allegedly) short position :)

I'm really liking the look of the Y and it's cheaper than the Audi with much better range.

I have no idea how Tesla suddenly managed to get the range of Y to be the same as 3. It is at least 10% bigger and heavier than 3 and supposedly had the same battery because they were reusing the same chassis/battery skateboard. If Tesla now has next generation of battery in Y that in itself will be an interesting development.

But for you, those "panel gaps" just won't do when contrasted with the Audi :)

I believe the Model 3 was the 3rd best selling sedan in CA last year, behind Camry and Civic.
And not that far behind...
Heck, you could buy 3 Civics for the price of your Performance.
Vikas, what were you thinking?

Seriously, in places like CA, I am sure the Model Y will greatly cut into CRV/RAV4 sales.
One test ride and it's all over.

Last edited:
I have no idea how Tesla suddenly managed to get the range of Y to be the same as 3. It is at least 10% bigger and heavier than 3 and supposedly had the same battery because they were reusing the same chassis/battery skateboard. If Tesla now has next generation of battery in Y that in itself will be an interesting development.

But for you, those "panel gaps" just won't do when contrasted with the Audi :)

LOL!!! The price on the Y is pretty decent for what you get, even if the panel fitment isn't perfect
wink.gif

Up another 83 bucks this morning... $$733.
Now you know why the short sellers decided to cover.

Last edited:
Back